Maplin 30W / 60W Mains Powered Soldering Iron
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: N80DV
About this product
- Dual wattage mains powered soldering iron that allows you to select the relevant power required for your soldering task
- Heats up in 10 minutes to give you a stable and constant temperature so you can complete all your soldering tasks
- Temperature ranges from 420°C to 480°C, depending on wattage, allowing you to store heat in the tip to aid the melting process
• Dual wattage mains powered soldering iron that allows you to select the relevant power required for your soldering task
• Heats up in 10 minutes to give you a stable and constant temperature so you can complete all your soldering tasks
• Temperature ranges from 420°C to 480°C, depending on wattage, allowing you to store heat in the tip to aid the melting process
• No restrictions on how long you can use this soldering iron as it is mains poweredWhat makes this iron unique?
This soldering iron is unique as it has a dual wattage, which can be selected, depending on what heat setting you require. Unlike most other soldering irons, this iron feeds in the solder into the iron, allowing liquid solder to flow from the tip, much like a glue gun. Simply press the trigger and more solder will be melted and flowed out of the soldering iron’s tip. Various solder, between 3mm and 8mm, can be used and can simply be loaded onto the reel on the top of the soldering iron before being fed into the soldering iron.
What difference does the wattage make?
The wattage of a soldering iron is one of the most important factors when deciding which one to buy. Higher wattage will deliver more power to the iron’s tip, allowing it to heat up quicker. As this is a dual wattage mains soldering iron, it heats up the tip within ten minutes, allowing you to start soldering without having to refill butane tanks or replace batteries.
Do I need anything else for this soldering iron?
This soldering iron is ready to use out of the box. Simply attach the solder, plug the iron in and wait for it to warm up. A spool of solder is also included which can easily be replaced when it has been used. You should stock up on spare solder so you will be able to keep using your iron in the future.
|Wattage||30 W / 60 W|
|Warm up time||10 minutes|
|Max temp||30W: 420 °C – 450 °C, 60W 450 °C – 480 °C|
|Run time||Not time limited|
|Special functions||Solder feed|
|Dimensions||240 x 40 x 155 mm|
|1 x ZD-551 Soldering iron|
|1 x Solder wire|
|1 x User manual|