Maplin 3.5-Inch SATA to USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: A58WF
About this product
- External desktop hard drive enclosure allows you to access data from an installed* 3.5 inch SATA drive by means of a USB Port
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 connection allows you to utilise data transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps when used with a compatible USB 3.0 port
- Create extra useable storage space for media and file backups from spare unused SATA drives
• External desktop hard drive enclosure allows you to access data from an installed* 3.5 inch SATA drive by means of a USB Port
• SuperSpeed USB 3.0 connection allows you to utilise data transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps when used with a compatible USB 3.0 port
• Create extra useable storage space for media and file backups from spare unused SATA drives
• Desktop design with mains AC power allows you utilise higher capacity drives with greater power requirements
• Plug and play functionality lets you read and write to the installed hard disk without the need for additional software or drivers
• Compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems
• Combination power and read/write LED provides a visual indicator when the drive is in use
• Model Number: K32-SU3
*Please note: no drives are pre-installed with this enclosureWhat can this enclosure be used for
This external SATA to USB 3.0 enclosure, enables you to read or write data from any spare 3.5-inch internal SATA hard disk drives (HDD), without the need for installing the drive into your desktop computer. This makes for a low cost solution if you already have an internal SATA disk, and are looking to expand the storage on your computer.
How do I connect the enclosure to my computer?
The 3.5-inch enclosure uses a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 connection to transfer data to and from your computer, this is best used with a USB port to allow data transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps. This speeds up the process of transferring large amounts of data too, and from the drive.
How secure is my hard drive in this enclosure
Once installed inside the enclosure, fixing screws help keep the drive securely in place and prevent the drive from rattling about. The enclosure can be used horizontally on a flat surface to prevent tilting or accidently being knocked. It can be used vertically with the aid of a built-in stand if space for the enclosure is restricted.
Drive Form Factor:
PC Connection Type:
Hard Drive Enclosure
Weights & Dims
Weights & Dimskeyboard_arrow_down