• USB C to A, USB 2.0 connectors
• One metre cable length
• USB version 2.0 cable with a maximum 480MB/s data transfer rate
• Compatible with USB version 3.1, but limited to USB version 2.0 speed
• The compact USB Type C connector is reversible – so you can plug it in either way, there is no up or down
• Three amps maximum load capacity
• Five year warranty included for peace of mind (proof of purchase required)What is USB?
Commonly found on desktop computers and laptops, USB (Universal Serial Bus) connections are one of the most versatile types of connection available. USB is primarily used for transferring data between devices, but it also has the ability to transfer power between compatible devices.
Four versions of USB currently exist, with different maximum transfer speeds: USB 3.1 (10GB/s), USB 3.0 (5GB/s), USB 2.0 (480MB/s) and USB 1.1 (12MB/s). In most cases, cables are compatible across all versions – but maximum transfer speed may still be limited. For example, a USB 2.0 cable in a USB 3.0 port would only provide a maximum transfer rate of 480MB/s, not 5GB/s. To achieve optimum transfer speeds here, a USB 3.0 cable should be used.
Why use this USB 2.0 C to A cable?
This cable uses USB 2.0 A and C connectors, which are used to connect a next generation tablet or smartphone directly to your desktop, laptop or Mac without having to install a USB-C host card into your computer. This cable will allow you to transfer data at USB 2.0 speed while recharging your device. The cable provides a maximum speed of 480MB/s when connected to a USB 2.0 port.
Why choose Maplin cables?
The Maplin range of cables features premium construction and specifications, with market-leading cable technology. Maplin cables are constructed from hard-wearing materials with colour-coded, compact connectors available for almost any use. All Maplin cables are quality assured, with a five year warranty across the range.