• External USB 3.0 hard drive enclosure for 3.5-inch SATA drives
• USB 3.0 connection transfers data up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0 connections
• Powered via USB, without the need for an additional mains AC adapter
• Portable, hard wearing enclosure protects installed drives from damage
• Plug and play functionality lets you access installed drives without the need of additional software or drivers
• LED light shows power and drive activity when in useHow does this enclosure benefit me?
This portable enclosure allows you to access data stored on 3.5-inch internal SATA hard drives, without needing to install them into your computer system. You can also utilise any spare 3.5-inch SATA HDD you may have and use them as an external storage solution.
Is this enclosure easy to use?
Once a 3.5-inch hard disk is installed into the enclosure, simply attach the USB 3.0 cable and connect the enclosure to any USB port, the enclosure is compatible with USB version 3.0 ports but can be used on version 2.0 ports with a reduction in transfer speeds. Once connected, you can read and write data to the hard disk installed into the enclosure. The enclosure is plug and play compliant, which means no additional software or drivers are needed for the enclosure to operate.
How is this enclosure powered?
The Maplin 3.5-inch external enclosure is powered via the connected USB port, so no additional mains AC adaptors are needed.
You can use the enclosure in any location where extra storage space for a computer is needed, or when you need to recover data from a removed internal hard disk.