• Connect your SATA hard drives externally via twin USB 3.0 ports, without needing an enclosure
• Connect to 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch SATA hard disks
• Powered using the USB connections, without needing an external AC mains adapter
• USB 3.0 has transfer rates that are up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0 connections
• ‘Plug and play’ compliant so you can access connected hard disks without needing additional software or drivers
• Compatible with Windows, Mac OSX or Linux operating systems
• Model number: HDA35-PLWhat can I use this cable for?
The Maplin SATA to USB 3.0 cable allows you to externally connect SATA hard disks by using two USB 3.0 ports. This process allows you to access and retrieve data stored on these hard disks, without needing to install the drive inside your computer.
Is this cable easy to use?
The SATA to USB 3.0 cable features a standard SATA data and power connections at one end. This allows you to attach hard disks. The other end of the cable splits into two USB 3.0 connectors. When both of these are connected to your computer, they carry data to and from the hard disk and supply the drive with power. The cable is 80cm long, which gives you plenty of space to position connected drives securely on a flat surface. This helps prevent the drive being damaged from accidental knocks while in use.
The cable is ‘plug and play’ compliant and does not require any software or additional drivers to use. It is also compatible with Windows, Mac OSX and Linux operating systems.