Meaco DD8L Junior 8 Litre Desiccant Dehumidifier
• Best on Test Award Winner 2013 Desiccant Dehumidifier
• For flats through to 5 bed homes
• Suitable for garages, caravans and boats
• Desiccant technology using water absorbent material to remove moisture from the air
• Desiccant dehumidifiers are lighter and quieter than compressor dehumidifiers
• Water is collected in the internal tank with a safety out off
• Unit can continuously drain water through the hose provided
• Variable running mode at either 330 or 650 watts
• Dehumidifier measures 500mm x 351mm x 188mm
• Built-in timer allows auto-deactivation after 1, 2, 4 or 8 hours, helpful on laundry mode
• Electronic humidistat with intuitive icons & laundry mode
• 24 month warranty included for peace of mind (proof of purchase requiredWhat is a dehumidifier?
A dehumidifier is used to remove moisture from the air and to manage the humidity within a room. They draw humid air through the unit, where the moisture is drawn out into the tank. Dehumidifiers are commonly used in domestic and office environments to help remove damp and condensation. They are also ideal for rooms that have been water damaged from flooding, burst pipes or an overflowing bathroom.
How is this dehumidifier unique?
This dehumidifier removes up to eight litres of humidity from the air every day – either into its two litre tank or out using the hose provided. The humidistat ensures that it only runs when it needs to. The dehumidifier is as quiet as a dishwasher in the next room, with 39dBA of noise when in use. It is powered using a mains plug. The built-in control logic, by Meaco, means the dehumidifier operates more efficiently and is able to work more in less time. The Meaco DD8L Junior can operate in a range of temperatures down to 1°C, while being a compact design and weighing only 6.4Kg.
| Type of dehumidifier
|| Desiccant compressor-free
| Extraction rate
|| 8L/day at all conditions in operating range, 3.5L in fan speed one, 7.5L in fan speed two
| Air temperature
|| Delivers air 10-12°C warmer than room temperature when drying
|| Electronic with intuitive icons & laundry mode. Can be set at 40/50/60%RH
| Continuous drainage option
|| Yes, length of drainage hose included
| Child lock
|| Yes, turns off after 1, 2, 4 or 8 hours to save power once clothes are dry
| Electronic controls
| Auto restart
|| Yes, washable dust filter
| Noise level
| Power Supply
|| 220V-240V / 50Hz
| Power Consumption
|| 30/330/650 Watts
| Fan Speeds
| Operating Temperatures
|| 1°C to 37°C
|| NONE - No Compressor Desiccant model
|| Covered 2 litre tank
| Dimensions (HWD) mm
|| 500 x 351 x 188
|| 6.4 Kgs
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.