Mindsets Basic 5 Circuit Electronic Solder Kit
• Get familiar with electronic components and boards
• Build a switch LED light, LED with light sensor, energy storage board, electronic latch and a transistor switch
• Learn about electronics and circuit design
• Comes with 38 parts
• Great to demonstrate KS3 electronics
• Suitable for ages 11+ with supervision
• Each circuit can run off a 3-9V power supply (for example a 9V PP3 battery – not included, Order Code L46AL)What can I do with this kit?
With five different circuits to try your hand at this is a great kit to learn about basic electronics. Practise soldering on these circuit boards by attaching the components and learn how each part works in a circuit. This is an ideal kit to complement the KS3 electronics curriculum. It‘s suitable for ages 11 and over with adult supervision and requires a 3-9V power supply (either two AA batteries
or one 9V battery
works well)What can I make?
Learn how to make a switch activated LED light with a push switch and a LDR. Build an energy storage board power it up and watch as it stores power to use later. Use the transistor switch and see if you can make a light or dark activated switch with this transistor based circuit similar to a nightlight. The electronic latched switch demonstrates how an alarm works. What does this teach?
Using basic components to create different effects gives you a great introduction to electronics and soldering. This kit can be related to real life items such as alarms and nightlights but also demonstrates electronic features such as capacitors storing and the change in resistance over a LDR. This kit requires a soldering iron and solder
and may require wire cutters.
| Number of included parts
| Number of experiments that can be made
| What can be made?
|| Electronic circuit
| Computer system requirements
| Age group, if specified
| Power supply requirements
|| DC 3 V – 9V per board
|| 55 mm x 45 mm x 15 mm largest board
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.