• Create 10 rockets to be launched from bottles
• See how you can propel your rocket using an empty plastic bottle (not included) and customise it to help it travel further
• Learn about aerodynamics and air pressure
• Build your rockets from 51 parts
• Suitable for ages 11+ with adult supervisionWhat types of rockets can I create with this kit?
Create amazing rockets and compete with family and friends with this fun pack... Launch your rocket from an empty plastic drinks bottle (not included) and see how far you can make it fly. This kit (manufactures code ROC 020) comes with everything you need to make ten rockets with 10 bottle joiners, 10 nose cones, 10 rolling mandrels, 30 rocket bodies, 20 sets of tail fins and a glue stick to assemble them with. Use the mandrel in your launcher kit to roll your paper into a tube, glue it together then cap it with the nose cone. Experiment with different designs to find out which go the highest and furthest.
What can I learn from this rockets kit?
The rocket is propelled by the air being pushed out of the bottle down the 230mm launcher. The quicker this happens and the more air that is moved the more power the rocket gets launched with. Experiment with different bottle sizes and shapes and see if there is any difference. See if you can affect the performance of your rocket by changing its shape, materials or body design and compete to see what designs or layout work best. The rocket will move faster the more streamlined it is as this reduces the drag. With your imagination the sky is definitely not the limit.