Mindsets E-Textiles Starter Electronics Kit
• Customise your clothing with two wearable red LEDs
• Use LEDs, a switch, battery and conductive thread to build an electronics kit that is stitched into fabric
• Learn about electronics and conductivity
• With six parts this simple and easy kit will wow with your own wearable technology
• Suitable for ages 11+ with adult supervision
• Requires a 3V CR2016 battery (included Order Code N88EC) or 3V CR2032 battery (not included Order Code N67EC)What can I create with this?
Create your own wearable technology with this sewable electronic circuit. Light up the two red LEDs with a 3V power supply, a switch and 1m of conductive thread. Make anything from a light up tie to a red nose on a reindeer. the kit comes with a battery which can be replaced with a CR2016 (Order Code N88EC
) or CR2032 (Order Code N67EC
)How does this kit work?
The conductive thread is made up of many strands with a nano coating of silver that makes them conductive. The overall result is a conductive thread that is still flexible to hand and machine sew. The switch included is latching meaning it clicks on then clicks off to turn the circuit on and off. Even the switch and battery holder can be stitched into clothing or toys. How can conductive thread complete a circuit?
Insulators like wood, card or fabric have very low electrical conductivity, so you cannot use them to carry electricity. However, metals, plasma and water carry electricity well which is why they are used in electronic circuits. Conductive thread is a great alternative to conventional wires or premade boards, as it can be used in much smaller areas and is easily worn.
| Number of included parts
| Number of models that can be made
| What can be made?
|| Wearable LEDs
| Computer system requirements
| Age group, if specified
|| 11+ with supervision
| Power supply requirements
|| 3 V CR2016 Coin Cell Battery (included) will also work with a 3 V CR2032 (not included)
|| 25 mm x 70 mm x 8 mm
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.