• Create your own battery powered buggy
• Build a simple working rear wheel drive vehicle
• Learn about how cars work
• Build using 31 parts
• Suitable for ages 13+ with adult supervision
• Requires two AA batteries (not included, Order Code L43AL)What can I build with this electronic kit?
Build your own buggy and watch it go. With clear step by step instructions this buggy (manufactures code BIG 018) is simple to make and can be customised to create you ideal car. Powered by two AA batteries (not included, Order Code sold separately Order Code L43AL) you can get a relatively high speed on a smooth surface. Experiment and see what additions or alterations you can make to the body, tyres, spoiler or even drive system to make the buggy move differently. This kit is suitable for ages 13 and over with adult supervision
How does the buggy work?
A motor inside the body of the buggy uses a drive belt to power the rear wheels. The spoiler at the back of the car creates drag which pushes the buggy down over the wheels allowing them to get more traction. This is similar to how a spoiler would work in a car. Spoilers and other aerodynamic surfaces produce so much downforce on a F1 racing car they could theoretically drive on the ceiling.