Mindsets Glow in the Dark Film – 350mm x 500mm
• Single large (350mm x 500mm) sheet of glow in the dark material
• Sheet changes colour when exposed to light and continues to glow with a green glow
• Create designs and see them glow when the lights go off
• Demonstrate photoluminescence and absorption, storage and emission of lightHow does this film glow in the dark?
The SM1 016 glow in the dark film works by exposure to light. For best results use a focused light source to make your pattern on the film then watch as it gives off a green glow with the lights off. Or use black or solid shapes to prevent absorption of light leaving dark void images on a glowing background.
What does this teach?
Demonstrate photoluminescence with the glow in the dark film. The film can be used to show how a material can absorb light to emit a green glow for a time afterwards. This is a great example of emergency lighting strips commonly found on aircraft or trains and as emergency signs. The film meets the photoluminescent safety products association (PSPA) class B performance classification when tested according to DIN 67510 pt 1 - a measurement relevant to use as a glow in the dark sign. Luminescence is measured following a specific level of excitation and then calculation made to the threshold of visibility, which is 0.32mcd/m2
| Product type
|| Glow in the dark film
|| Off white/Green
|| 350 mm x 500 mm
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.