• Create a working hovercraft from a sheet of A3 card, a motor, a propeller and a self-seal bag
• Learn about how a hovercraft works
• Build your craft from 17 parts
• Suitable for ages 11+ with adult supervision
• Requires two AA batteries (not included, Order Code L43AL)What can I create with this hovercraft kit?
Float over the ground with this working hovercraft (manufactures code MSK 017). Using a piece of A3 paper, a bag, a motorised fan and other components the craft can hover over the ground easily. Experiment with other types of bags to see how it changes how the hovercraft moves and hovers. Fun and simple to make this kit requires two AA batteries (not included, Order Code L43AL), glue (not included) and scissors (not included). Fun for anyone ages 11 and over with adult supervision.
What will this hovercraft kit teach me?
Hovercraft work by creating a cushion of air under the craft. A propeller spins, forcing air into the bag and filling it like a balloon. This air is then forced out of the bottom of the bag’s skirt, creating the air cushion it hovers on. Hovercraft are used in areas with very shallow water to avoid physically disturbing animals beneath the surface, but can be used on either land or water (do not use this hovercraft kit in water).