• Create 10 light-activated LED boards
• Solder and build your own circuit with resistor, LDR, transistor and LED
• Learn about electronics
• The kit comes in 10 pieces per board to solder together
• Suitable for ages 11+ with supervision
• Requires a DC 3-9V power supply for each of the 10 boardsWhat does this kit make?
Create a small circuit with an LED which will activate as the light fades. The kit includes all the components for 10 boards. Use to detect low light levels and the sensitivity can be adjusted. You can even change the position of the LDR and Potentiometer, otherwise known as a variable resistor, to have an LED that comes on when the light is above a certain level. The circuits each require a DC 3-9V power supply and come with a battery connector
What can I learn?
This kit is a great way to introduce soldering and electronics. LDRs have higher resistance when they receive less light, the potentiometer can be adjusted to create the right amount of resistance to switch the LED on at the right light level. A soldering iron and solder is required to assemble this kit click here to see our range of soldering kits.
Please note, this component is not RoHS compliant.