• Create a challenging wire game
• Build your live wire kit then try to get your wand to the far side without setting of the buzzer
• Learn about electronics and circuits
• With 10 parts you can create infinite designs by manipulating the wire
• Suitable for ages 11+ with supervision
• Requires two AA batteries (not included, Order Code L43AL)What can I make with this kit?
Create a fun wire maze to challenge you and your friends and family. Race to get the wand from one side of the wire to the other but be careful and don’t set off the buzzer. Customise the difficulty level as you design the wire shape and loop size, just make sure the power is off beforehand. Try and beat your own time or complete harder mazes without setting off the buzzer. This kit requires two AA batteries (not included, Order Code L43AL) and wire cutters/strippers (not included). Suitable for ages 11 and over with supervision.
What does this teach?
This is a great lesson on circuit design. An electronic circuit is not complete unless there is a full loop. In the livewire kit (manufactures code BIG 026) you build an electronic circuit that is almost complete, all it requires is for one last piece to be connected. When the wand touches the wire this completes the circuit and power can reach the buzzer to sound it.