Mindsets Photochromic Starter Kit
• In sunlight or UV change to a bright, vivid colour.
• Revert to their pale colour when away from sunlight or UV light.
• If mixed with a binder such as acrylic base, it can be permanently applied to almost any surface.
• Contains all four colours (12g) plus 400ml of white acrylic base.What does photochromic pigment react to?
Photochromic pigment is a material which can be mixed with acrylic paint and reacts to changes in light levels. This means you can paint hidden pictures, warning signs or even light indicators that only activate in sunlight or UV lights. The more diluted the pigment the less dramatic the colour change will be. The perfect ratio is a matter of trial and error but about 50:50 with white acrylic is recommended to start with. The pigment can be used to hand paint with but also can be stencilled or block printed. The pigment has a pale off white appearance out of the light and turns blue, orange, magenta or purple in direct light depending which pigment was used.
What does it teach?
A great way to show children how light can induce a chemical reaction in the pigment that can be reversed. The pigment comes in a 3g plastic syringe and this set comes with one in each colour (233-203P) and is a mix of active micron-sized microcapsules dispersed in water and has the consistency of thick cream. When combined with an acrylic base provided it can be applied to almost any surface.
For use with adult supervision.
| Product type
|| Photochromic pigment
|| Blue, Magenta, orange, purple
|| 3 g in each colour
|| Sunlight/ UV light
| Product type
|| Acrylic paint
|| 400 ml
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.