• Build yourself a two legged duck robot
• Create a robot with a distinctive waddle motion that can be further customised
• Learn about mechanics
• Build from 32 components and pre-cut plats
• Suitable for ages 11+ with adult supervision
• Requires a single AA battery (not included, Order Code L43AL)What can you make with this kit?
Create your own waddling bipedal robot with this duck robot kit (manufactures code KDD 001) which can be customised with a body or even extra electronics (not included) as you like. Assemble your gearbox cams and legs to build the robot from 32 parts. Suitable for ages 11 and over with adult supervision. The kit requires an AA battery (not included, Order Code L43AL).
How does the duck robot work?
Explore mechanics with a motor and worm gear to provide the rotary motion for your movement and cams to create the movement. Worm drives are screw like threads that transfer motion in one direction (sideways here) to a gear that can use it at 90 degrees, making the robot walk forwards. The waddle motion comes from the odd shaped cams with an off centre shaft. These change the height of the motor relative to the ground at different parts of the rotations and make it look like each side rises and falls.