• Single (150mm x 150mm) sheet of thermocolour material
• Changes colour when heated, turns bright blue above 27°C (human contact or similar)
• Create bright handprints or leave messages that disappear as they cool
• Demonstrate thermal conductivity and dissipation
• Add a resistance wire (not included) to create screen displaysWhat can you do with Thermocolour sheets?
A great learning aid for children, this thermochromic sheet (IT9 001) allows you to create bright messages or handprints that disappear as they cool. The sheet is black at temperatures lower than 27°C. Room temperature is usually between 18-21°C but human contact such as hands, fingers and breath is warm enough to cause the sheet to change colour to a bright blue. The Thermocolour material comes as a 150mm x 150mm sheet but works just as well in smaller sections.
What can you learn?
The self-adhesive sheet is printed with thermochromic liquid crystal ink that changes colour with heat applied. This could be used to demonstrate thermal conductivity or convection, heat dissipation and how liquid crystals work. The sheet could be used to make temperature indicators, jewellery or using some resistance wire (sold separately Order Code <N04EB>BL64) and a small current you can demonstrate an advertising display.