Mindsets Thermochromic Pigment 5ml - Green
• 5ml of green thermochromic pigment
• Changes colour when heated, turns from green at room temperature and fades to transparent above 27°C (human contact or similar)
• Create bright designs that disappear as you heat them
• Demonstrate thermal conductivity and dissipation
• Mix with a white acrylic base (not included) to paint on almost any surfaceWhat happens with the thermochromic pigment?
Thermochromic pigment is a material which can be mixed with acrylic paint and reacts to changes in temperature. This means you can paint green designs on your surface and watch them disappear as they’re heated, hide secret messages under the pigment or create fun designs. The pigment is green at room temperature (usually between 18-21°C) but fades to transparent at 27°C. You can achieve this with human contact (holding in your hands or sustained breathing) or by painting on a mug or other container and adding hot water. As the temperature falls the colour reappears.
What does it teach?
This is a great aid to demonstrate to children how reversible thermal chemical reactions can occur. Show thermal conduction, convection and radiation work using the pigment to demonstrate changes in temperature. The pigment comes in a 5ml plastic syringe (IT9 007)and can be combined with an acrylic base to be applied to almost any surface. The best ratio of pigment to acrylic is found through trial and error but one part pigment to four part acrylic is a good starting point.
For use with adult supervision
| Product type
|| Thermochromic pigment
|| 5 ml
|| 27 °C or higher
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.