Mindsets Worm Drive 3-6V Motor Gearbox
• Small motor with a worm drive, gear and integral output shaft in a plastic housing
• Great for modelling, experiments, and educational use
• Operating voltage between 3V and 6V
• Rotations per minute of up to 150rpm
• Comes with a switched battery boxWhat can I use the worm drive motor for?
Create anything from model vehicles to windmills and lifts using the worm drive gear box. With the worm drive you can fit your motor at right angles to your project helping save even more space. The housing can easily be fixed onto a surface using four screws and the kit even comes with a switched battery box suitable for two AA batteries (sold separately, Order Code L43AL).
What motor is included?
The MM28 battery operates on 3-6V with rotary speeds that can reach up to 14,700 rotations per minute and torque up to 26.5gf.cm. It has a compact size of just 24.2mm in diameter and 32.5mm (45mm including the 2mm shaft) in length allowing it to fit comfortably in the provided casing.
| Motor part code
| Supply voltage
|| DC 3 V – 6 V
| Speed at max efficiency
|| 150 rpm @ 3V
| Current at max efficiency
|| 1.28 A @ 6 V
| Output power at max efficiency
|| 4 W @ 6 V
| Shaft diameter
|| 3.2 mm
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.