• Single pack Mitex General 5W two way radio
• Keep in touch at work or on the move
• Powerful licenced radio – up to 10 times more powerful than licence-free PMR radios
• Get in contact up to 25km away in open conditions
• 16 preset channels – channels 13, 14 and 15 are common across all UHF Mitex radios
• Comes with an individual mains charging dock – the radio has built-in rechargeable batterySpecial Features
• Requires Business Radio Light Licence (£75 for 5 years – application form included in the box)Where can I use this two way radio?
This Pro PMR radio is up to ten times more powerful than standard PMR 446 radios. With powerful transmission and clear reception, this licenced radio is great for use on large work sites and in heavy urban environments. You will require a Business Radio Light Licence for use – one licence covers an unlimited number of handsets. The licence is just £75 for 5 years, and you can apply for one using the application form included in the box.* With its rugged design and free communication between this unit and others in the General range, this radio is a great alternative to mobile phones. There is also a twin pack of this two-way radio Order Code A68JX
.How far can this radio transmit messages?
This radio is capable of reaching its maximum distance of up to 25km in open country under ideal conditions. In built up areas and cities with obstacles between handsets, the radio is still capable of up to 10km – perfect for work sites, motorbike convoys or even schools and universities. The Mitex Pro PMR broadcasts in the 400-470 MHz ultra-high frequency (UHF) range to get better signal at distance. The radio also has two different channel spans and steps to give you more options. How many channels does this radio have?
With 16 channels, you should always be able to find a clear channel. Channel 13, 14 and 15 are common across all Mitex UHF radios, including the security UHF (A69JX
) and site UHF (N17JJ
) . Channel 16 offers a scan function, which can be used to find your channel quickly and easily. You can even use optional voice activated transmission (VOX) for hands-free communications. The unit also has a socket for a headset to use for more covert communications or just to cut down on outside noise.
Mitex General 5W Pro PMR radios are compatible with Kenwood-style headsets. See our range of Mitex headsets and accessories here
.How long can I use this radio for?
With 8-10 hours of talk time, you should be able to use this Pro PMR radio for an entire work shift on a full charge. With its built-in lithium ion batteries and individual charger, you can charge the radio from any convenient mains socket. The handset comes with a belt clip and loop fastener to secure your radio while you use it. The radio is pre-programmed and ready to use as soon as it is charged.
* Licencing info correct as of 2015. For more information please see the OFCOM site
** Some options are pre-programmed by Mitex to UK Business Light frequencies & standard business uses. To change will need programming by manufacturer