• Twin pack of powerful Mitex General 5W two way radios
• Keep in touch at work or on the move
• Powerful licenced radios – up to 10 times more powerful than licence-free PMR radios
• Get in contact up to 25km away in open conditions
• 16 Preset channels – channels 13, 14 and 15 are common across all UHF Mitex radios
• Comes with two individual mains charging docks – the radios have built-in rechargeable batteries
• Requires Business Radio Light Licence (£75 for 5 years – application form included in the box)Where can I use these two way radios?
This Pro PMR radio twin pack is up to ten times more powerful than standard PMR446 radios. With powerful transmission and clear reception, these licenced radios are great for use on large work sites and in heavy urban environments. You will require a Business Radio Light Licence for use – one licence covers an unlimited number of handsets. The licence is just £75 for 5 years, and you can apply for one using the application form included in the box.* With their rugged design and free communication between units, these radios are a great alternative to mobile phones. How far can these radios transmit messages?
These radios are capable of reaching their maximum distance of up to 25km in open country under ideal conditions. In built up areas and cities with obstacles between both handsets, the radios are still capable of up to 10km – perfect for work sites, motorbike convoys or even schools and universities. The Mitex Pro PMR broadcasts in the 400-470 MHz ultra-high frequency (UHF) range to get better signal at distance. The radios also have two different channel spans and steps to give you more options. How many channels do they have?
With 16 channels you should always have a clear channel, channel 13, 14 and 15 are common across all Mitex UHF radios including the security UHF (A 69JX) and channel 16 offers a scan function. Use the scan function to find your channel quickly and easily. You can even use optional voice activated transmission (VOX) for hands-free communications **. The units also have a socket for a headset to use for more covert communications or just to cut down on outside noise.How long can I use these radios for?
With 8-10 hours of talk time, you should be able to use these Pro PMR radios for an entire work shift on a full charge. With their built-in lithium ion batteries and two individual chargers, you can charge both radios in two different places. The handsets come with belt clips and loop fasteners to secure your radios while you use them. They are pre-programmed and ready to use as soon as the radios are charged.
The Mitex General 5W Pro PMR are compatible with the Kenwood-style headsets. See our range of Mitex headsets and accessories here
* Licencing info correct as of 2015. For more information please see the OFCOM site
** Some options are pre-programmed by Mitex to UK Business Light frequencies & standard business uses. To change will need programming by manufacturer