MQ2 Smoke Detector Shield for Arduino
• Shield to add smoke and flammable gas detection to your electronics projects
• Experiment and develop your ideas easily in the Arduino environment
• Measurable concentrations of flammable gas of 300 to 10,000 ppm
• Wide ranged detection
• High sensitivity and quick response resume
• Excellent stability and long durability
• Analogue voltage output, easy to drive up
• To visit the website support page please click here
MQ2 flammable gas and smoke sensor detects the concentrations of combustible gas in the air and outputs its reading as an analogue voltage.
Connecting five volts across the heating(H) pins keeps the sensor hot enough to function correctly. Connecting five volts at either the A or B pins causes the sensor to emit an analogue voltage on the other pins. A resistive load between the output pins and ground sets the sensitivity of the detector. Please note that the picture in the datasheet for the top configuration is wrong. Both configurations have the same pin out consistent with the bottom configuration. The resistive load should be calibrated for your particular application using the equations in the datasheet, but a good starting value for the resistor is 20 kO.
| Voltage: 5V
| Current: 150mA
| Dimension: 48x53x25mm
| Net Weight: 23g
| Operation temperature: -20? ~ +50?
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.