• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Pascal Chipset with a base clock speed of 1,594MHz or a boosted 1,809MHz
• 6GB of GDDR5 video memory (VRAM) running at 8,100MHz, which provides incredible gaming performance
• Limited to two units per customer
• Connect a range of displays via DisplayPort, HDMI and dual link DVI-D connections
• Full-sized card that takes up two expansion case slots – check your case and motherboard dimensions first
• Twin Frozr VI thermal design using Torx 2.0 fans for silent operation and lower temperatures when running high performance applications
• 12 month manufacturer warranty
• Manufacturer part number: GTX 1060 GAMING X 6G
• RGB LED control allows you customise your card to suit your system colour scheme
• Unleash extra performance with the MSI Afterburner gaming application
• Monitor and control the card systems from a mobile phone or similar portable device
• NVIDIA G-SYNC allows the card to synchronise with G-SYNC ready monitors to minimise display stutter and input lag
• Use the latest VR headset technologies with this VR ready graphics cardThe GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card is loaded with innovative new gaming technologies that make it the perfect choice for the latest high-definition games. Powered by NVIDIA Pascal™—the most advanced GPU architecture ever created—the GeForce GTX 1060 delivers brilliant performance that opens the door to virtual reality and beyond. #GameReady.
What can I expect from this graphics card?
Experience a quantum leap in gaming with this MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X graphics card, which is powered by NVIDIA’s new Pascal architecture. The world’s most advanced GPU architecture delivers game-changing performance, innovative technologies and immersive, next generation virtual reality (VR). The card is designed for the PCI Express 3.0 bus architecture, which is also backwards compatible. The MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X comes with ultra-fast FinFET and high-bandwidth GDDR5 technologies. This, combined with support for DirectX 12 features, gives you the fastest, smoothest, most power-efficient gaming experience.
The card is able to accommodate the latest displays, including VR, ultra-high-resolution and multiple monitors, through the power of the new Pascal architecture. It is plug-and-play compatible with leading VR headsets driven by NVIDIA VRWorks technologies – so you’ll be able to hear and feel every movement, with VRWorks audio, physics and haptics working together to deliver a truly immersive gaming experience. NVIDIA GameWorks technologies provide smooth gameplay and cinematic experiences, and through NVIDIA Ansel you can capture 360-degree in-game shots, even in VR. Perfected for gaming now and in the future, the card also supports Vulkan API and OpenGL 4.5.
What is the performance like on this card?
A substantial 6GB of GDDR5 VRAM running at 8,100MHz and GPU at 1,594MHz base clock speed, with a 1,809MHz boost, provides astonishing graphics-rendering performance. This means you can enjoy the latest games with settings maxed out. NVIDIA GPU Boost 3.0 is embedded into the MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X, which dynamically maximises clock speeds based on workloads and allows enthusiast-class controls such as temperature target and fan controls.
How is this card cooled?
The MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X uses the MSI Twin Frozr VI thermal design to keep the temperatures of the card low, even when under load. Smooth heat pipes and square copper baseplate maximise the contact area of the heatsink with the GPU and VRM’s to provide optimal thermal contact, heat is passed through into this heat sink and dissipated using two Torx 2.0 fans. These fans use double bearings and dispersion fan blades to create greater airflow at a higher static pressure whilst maintaining a lower RPM, making the card extremely quiet and energy efficient when under heavy loads.
How can I connect to this graphics card?
A number of displays can be connected to this graphics card, with three Display Ports, dual-link DVI-D and HDMI ports provided. You’ll be able to futureproof yourself for higher resolution monitors in development, with support for up to 7,680 x 4,320 pixels through DisplayPort. Up to four monitors can be used at the same time, and with simultaneous multi-projection you can game without experiencing stretched viewpoints. This will improve performance in VR and improve display accuracy when using NVIDIA Surround.
NVIDIA G-SYNC provides a stunning visual experience, and with a compatible monitor you can minimise display shutter and input lag. NVIDIA GameStream lets you stream supported games to portable devices like the NVIDIA Shield.
What software is available with this card?
Bundled with the MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X is the MSI Afterburner overclocking utility, which allows you to boost your core GPU and memory speeds further for extra performance from the card. MSI Predator allows you to record your in-game video footage for uploading or editing, using your favourite video editing software. Whilst MSI Kombustor allows you to benchmark your performance using Direct X 12 settings. These applications can be used directly from your desktop or for extra accessibility, remotely used from a mobile phone or portable device.