• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 chipset factory overclocked with a base clock speed of 1708MHz and a 1847MHz boost speed
• 8GB of GDDR5X video memory (VRAM) running at 10Gbps, provides incredible gaming performance
• Limited to two units per customer
• Connect a range of monitors to the graphics card with three DisplayPort, a DVI-D and HDMI ports
• Supports up to four monitors for an immersive gaming experience, with a maximum resolution of 7680 x 4320 pixels on each, 8K (UHD) supported
• Supports NVIDIA’s SLI HB Bridge for a two-way SLI solution that delivers silky-smooth gameplay
• Full-sized card that takes up two expansion case slots – check your case and motherboard dimensions first
• TORX Fan 2.0 system with smooth heat pipes transfer heat from a copper base plate to form a great cooling system
• Three years manufacturer warranty
• Virtual reality (VR) ready so you can enjoy a fascinating 360-degree gaming experience
• NVIDIA G-SYNC allows the card to synchronise with G-SYNC ready monitors to minimise display stutter and input lag
• MSI Afterburner overclocking utility lets you benchmark, overclock and even stream or record video game footage
• Customisable LED logo adds a great visual effectNVIDIA’s new flagship GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card is the most advanced gaming graphics card ever created. Discover unprecedented performance, power efficiency, and gaming experiences—driven by the new NVIDIA Pascal™ architecture. This is the ultimate gaming platform. #GameReady.
What can I expect from this graphics card?
Experience a quantum leap in gaming with the MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X graphics card, which is powered by NVIDIA’s new Pascal architecture. The world’s most advanced GPU architecture delivers game-changing performance, innovative technologies and immersive, next generation virtual reality (VR). The card is power-efficient with an 8-pin and 6-pin PCI-E connector needed, and is designed for the PCI Express 3.0 bus architecture, which is also backwards compatible. The Gaming X GTX 1080 comes with ultra-fast FinFET and high-bandwidth GDDR5X technologies. This card has full support for DirectX 12 features.
The card is able to accommodate the latest displays, including VR, ultra-high-resolution and multiple monitors through the power of the new Pascal architecture. It is plug-and-play compatible with leading VR headsets driven by NVIDIA VRWorks technologies – so you’ll be able to hear and feel every movement with VRWorks Audio and physics and haptics working together to deliver a truly immersive gaming experience. NVIDIA GameWorks technologies provide smooth gameplay and cinematic experiences and through NVIDIA Ansel you are able to capture 360-degree in-game shots, even in VR. Perfected for gaming now and in the future, the card also supports Vulkan API and OpenGL 4.5.
What is the performance like on this card?
An impressive 8GB of GDDR5X VRAM running at 10Gbps and GPU in overclocked mode at 1708MHz base clock speed, 1847MHz boost, provides astonishing graphics-rendering performance, so you can enjoy the latest games with settings maxed out. NVIDIA GPU Boost 3.0 is embedded into the GTX 1080, which dynamically maximises clock speeds based on workloads and allows enthusiast-class controls such as temperature target and fan controls. The card also supports NVIDIA’s new SLI HB bridge which doubles the available transfer bandwidth compared to the NVIDIA Maxwell architecture, delivering silky-smooth gameplay and the ultimate performance. With these features, this card offers the best way to enjoy surround gaming.
How can I connect to this graphics card?
A number of displays can be connected to this graphics card, with three DisplayPort, dual-link DVI-D and HDMI ports provided. You’ll be able to future proof yourself for higher resolution monitors in development, with support for up to 7680 x 4320 pixels through DisplayPort. Up to four monitors can be used at the same time, and with simultaneous multi-projection you can game without experiencing stretched viewpoints. This will improve performance in VR and improve display accuracy when using NVIDIA Surround.
NVIDIA G-SYNC provides a stunning visual experience, and with a compatible monitor you can minimise display shutter and input lag. NVIDIA GameStream lets you stream GeForce GTX gaming experience to portable devices like the NVIDIA Shield.
How well can I overclock this card and is software included?
NVIDIA has equipped the card with various features to ensure it is well cooled and has excellent overclocking potential. Torx 2.0 Fan design to generate an extra 22% more air pressure while remaining incredibly quiet. To further assist in cooling, the Gaming X features a full cover metal backplate.
MSI’s Afterburner software provides an intuitive interface for you to access detailed information about the card and allows you to tinker with almost all aspects of the card. You can also run Afterburner on your iOS or Android smartphone and use the built-in utility Kombustor to test stability and thermal performance. Additionally, Predator lets you capture in-game footage as still images or videos at a push of a button.