• A wireless AC3200 cable router, featuring 600Mbps, 1300Mbps and 1300Mbps across three wireless bands
• Gigabit WAN port lets you attach this router to a pre-installed cable modem and create or extend a networks’ wired or wireless capabilities
• Simultaneous tri-band wireless operates on a 2.4Ghz and twin 5Ghz frequencies, giving you greater and consistent speeds when multiple devices are connected – which is perfect for large households with a large amount of wireless network traffic
• Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports supply a connection point for your high-speed wired network devices
• USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports let you attach printers and external storage, which can be accessed via your local network or across the web using the routers’ built-in VPN remote access, or stream media to DLNA compliant devices
• Wi-Fi on/off button lets you conserve power by disabling the wireless when not in use
• NETGEAR genie app lets you monitor, control and repair your network from a desktop computer or portable device
• ReadySHARE USB allows you to access devices connected to the routers USB ports
• Parental controls let you filter web content for all devices connected to your network
• Device model Number: Netgear R8000 Nighthawk X6
• Dynamic Quality of Service (QoS) controls allow you to prioritise network tasks on individual devices
• Six external high powered antenna provide maximum coverage for your wireless devices, and Beamforming+ emits a stable, directed signal at your wireless devices
• Guest access provides a separate network for visitors, keeping your files and passwords secure and hidden
• A dual core 1Ghz processor with three offload processors that are able to organise your network traffic quickly, optimising your wired and wireless networks
• Smart CONNECT selects the wireless band that is right for your device, ensuring a high-speed connection at all times
• Guest access provides a separate network, keeping your files and passwords secure and hidden
• Open source support allows you to download and use firmware from sites like www.myopenrouter.com Why use the NETGEAR Nighthawk X6?
Unleash performance Wi-Fi on your home network with the Nighthawk X6 cable modem. AC3200 speeds, spread across three independent wireless 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz and 5Ghz bands, run simultaneously and maintain a high speed connection across your wireless network devices when multiple devices are connected. Six high-powered amplifiers, with external antennas utilising Beamforming+ technology, create a focused Wi-Fi signal to keep your devices connected at greater distances and ensure a stable, high speed connection at all times.
QoS (Quality of Service) controls, coupled with a 1Ghz dual core processor and a further three offload processors, prioritise your wireless traffic by assigning individual devices a specific wireless band. This keeps your legacy 2.4Ghz devices from slowing down any high-speed 5Ghz devices – which is ideal for streaming media to multiple devices or playing games online.
Can I use this router for my wired connections?
The Nighthawk X6 cable router features a one Gigabit WAN connection to connect to your cable modem, and four Gigabit 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports that offer a high-speed network for wired devices such as smart televisions, desktop computers and games consoles.
A USB 2.0 port allows you to attach devices like a USB printer, which can be accessed across your network using the included readySHARE software. A USB 3.0 port enables you to attach high speed external storage devices, which can be accessed locally or remotely using secure VPN.
How secure is my network with this router?
Designed with security as a first priority, the Nighthawk X6 D8000 cable router is loaded with security features to protect your privacy and enable a safe browsing environment for all its users. Parental controls enable device and application filtering – blocking access to web pages or restricting times at which the internet can be accessed. Setting a guest Wi-Fi network for others to use keeps your important network resources hidden and passwords secure by creating a wireless account separate from your main network.
You can create Wi-Fi networks quickly and securely at the push of a button with the routers’ WPS functions. WPA/WPA2 offers a high level of wireless security for your network, stopping uninvited users from draining your wireless bandwidth.
What is NETGEAR genie?
NETGEAR genie is a free dashboard application that allows you to monitor, control and fix basic router issues from a portable device such as a smartphone or tablet. View a map of your network to see what devices are connected, and remotely block any unwanted connections. You can also use your portable device as a remote control for your DLNA media devices, and access any media stored on external devices through the routers’ USB 3.0 ports.