NETGEAR PR2000 N300 Trek Router and Range Extender
• Multipurpose usage allows the PR2000 to be used as a router, access point, Wi-Fi hotspot and range extender
• Wireless N frequencies allow you to utilise a Wi-Fi connection speed of up to 300Mbps
• Two 10/100 Ethernet ports provide a connection for wired network devices or the ability to attach to an existing cable modem
• USB 2.0 port allows you to charge a mobile device or access USB storage devices such as printers or external hard drives
• Micro USB allows you to connect the PR2000 to a laptop to draw power
• ReadySHARE USB software allows you access attached devices to the router’s USB port wirelessly
• NETGEAR Genie application allows you to monitor, control and repair your network from a portable device
• Device model number: NETGEAR PR2000-1000UK
• Built-in mains AC adapter provides maximum portability
• Flip out antenna optimises your Wi-Fi coverage and provides easy storageWhy would I use this device?
Ideal for creating a personal Wi-Fi signal on the go, the Trek PR2000 is designed with portability in mind. A built-in mains adapter and micro USB allows you to use the router virtually anywhere. The Trek PR2000 is highly versatile. It can act as a range extender to boost a weak Wi-Fi signal, or transform a single Ethernet port into a wireless access point, allowing you to connect multiple portable Wi-Fi devices.
The inclusion of two wired 10/100 fast Ethernet ports allow the device to be used as a wireless bridge for wired devices that lack wireless capabilities. Alternatively, you can attach one of the Ethernet ports directly to a DSL cable modem to allow the Trek PR2000 to function as a wireless router. This is particularly useful if you are in a hotel room that has Ethernet ports but no Wi-Fi.
Can I transfer media using this device?
The inclusion of a USB 2.0 port allows you to attach an external USB storage device such as a USB flash drive or external USB hard drive. NETGEAR ReadySHARE USB allows you to access these devices, while outside intrusions are kept at bay with a built-in hardware firewall. This ensures that any files are kept safe and only accessible by authorised users.
What is NETGEAR Genie?
NETGEAR Genie is a free dashboard application that allows you to monitor, control and fix basic router issues from a portable device such as a smartphone or tablet. View a map of your network to see what devices are connected, and remotely block any unwanted connections. You can also use your portable device as a remote control for your DLNA media devices, and access any media stored on external devices through the router’s USB 2.0 ports.
|Low Power Mode
Dimensions & Weight
System Requirements & Software
|Compatible Operating Systems
Windows 7 / 8
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.