NETGEAR R7000 Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Router
• Wireless AC1900 modem router featuring a transfer rate of 600Mbps and 1300Mbps per band
• Gigabit WAN port lets you attach this router to a pre-installed cable modem to create or extend a networks wired or wireless capabilities
• Simultaneous dual band emits a standard 2.4Ghz band as well as a faster 5Ghz band for faster wireless transfers in devices that accept a 5Ghz signal
• Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports for high speed data transfer between your connected wired devices
• Attach external storage via USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, which can be accessed via your local network or across the web using the routers’ built-in VPN remote access, or use the ports to stream media to DLNA compliant devices
• ReadyCLOUD software grants you secure access to your USB storage devices from any location
• ReadyVAULT allows you to automatically back up your computer to a hard drive connected to the router
• WiFi on/off button lets you disable the wireless when not in use, to conserve power
• NETGEAR genie app lets you monitor, control and repair your network from a desktop computer or portable device
• Parental controls let you filter web content for all devices connected to your network
• Device model number: NETGEAR R7000-100UKS
• Prioritise gaming or media streaming to reduce in-game lag and buffering with advanced QoS (Quality of Service) controls
• Three high powered amplifiers with Beamforming+ external antennas will push your wireless signal throughout your home
• Guest access provides a separate network, keeping your files and passwords secure and hidden
• Open source support allows you to download and use firmware from sites like www.myopenrouter.comWhy would I use this wireless router?
The NETGEAR R7000 Nighthawk dual band router gives your wireless network a boost by offering up to 1.9Gbps data transfer speed using 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands. Enjoy lag-free wireless gaming or seamless streaming of high definition media without the buffering thanks to built-in advanced QoS. This prioritises your games and streaming when multiple devices are running network tasks like emails or web browsing. Three high powered amplifiers, with external antennas featuring Beamforming+ technology, offer a focused Wi-Fi signal to your portable devices, increasing the reliability and the range of the signal. Secure WPS allows you to create WiFi connections at the push of a button.
What wired connections can I make with the Nighthawk R7000?
The Nighthawk R7000 features a single Gigabit WAN port to connect into an existing cable modem. Additionally, an integrated Gigabit network switch, with four LAN ports, provides your network a high-speed and uninterrupted point of connection for devices that lack wireless capabilities – which is perfect for HD media streaming.
Additionally, a single Gigabit WAN port provides compatibility with cable internet connections, allowing this router to be connected directly to an existing cable modem. Twin USB ports to attach USB printers or external hard drives to your router, enabling access to the devices through your local network or remotely via the routers’ built-in VPN or readySHARE USB software. The router is DLNA certified, so you can find and play media from an attached hard disk on DLNA-compliant devices such as televisions, game consoles or media players.
How secure is this NETGEAR router?
Whether it’s protecting your network from intrusion or limiting web access to children or guests, the R7000 Nighthawk from NETGEAR provides you with the control you need to keep your network secure.
Restrict access to web pages and monitor usage times with the routers’ built-in parental controls, and apply a separate WiFi network for guest access, keeping your main network private to ensure all of your files and passwords are kept secure and hidden.
Back up your Windows personal computer to any external storage device connected to the router using NETGEAR readyVAULT or Time Machine if you are using a MAC.
What is NETGEAR genie?
NETGEAR genie is a free dashboard application that allows you to monitor, control and fix basic router issues from a portable device such as a smartphone or tablet. View a map of your network to see what devices are connected, and remotely block any unwanted connections. You can also use your portable device as a remote control for your DLNA media devices, and access any media stored on external devices through the routers’ USB 3.0 ports.
|Low Power Mode
Dimensions & Weight
System Requirements & Software
|Compatible Operating Systems
Windows 7 / 8
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.