• An all-in-one cooler that is pre-filled for easy installation
• Compatible with Intel LGA 2011-3, 2011, 1366, 115x and AMD socket FM2, FM1, AM3+, AM2+
• Supplied with two 140mm fans, each of which can spin at a maximum 2,000RPM, producing 37dBA of noise
• At maximum RPM, each fan can move 106.1 cubic feet per minute (CFM) of air, producing exceptional airflow around your system
• Fan is fitted with a 4-pin connector, which is backwards compatible with 3-pin fan connections
• Cooling block uses a 3-pin fan connector, SATA power and internal USB header – all commonly found on motherboards
• Manufacturer part number: RL-KRX61-01
• Works with CAM software which allows you to monitor the Kraken, customise its performance and change the RGB LED lighting
• Fans can be controlled without CAM software thanks to pulse width modulation (PWM), which allows for full control over the exact fan speedWill this be the right cooler for me?
This NZXT Kraken X61 is an all-in-one CPU liquid cooler that provides high cooling power, quiet operation and a range of customisability options. The closed loop design comes pre-filled with coolant, is maintenance free, has thermal compound pre-applied and carries a six year warranty – supplying you with confidence and the ability to install it straight away. Included are two FX140 V2 fans that are capable of spinning at a maximum 2,000RPM. This produces 37dBA of noise, 1.97mm/H2O of static pressure and results in 106.1 cubic feet per minute (CFM) of air being moved. This is an exceptional amount of air that will help to keep the coolant and your CPU cool.
The NZXT Kraken X61 is the first consumer closed loop cooler with an integrated variable speed pump, which keeps noise to a minimum without sacrificing overall pump power. This pump directs the coolant to the 280mm radiator, which has 36-percent more surface area than comparable 240mm coolers and is optimised to run on a single fan without losing static pressure or airflow due to the thickness of the radiator. This leads to more efficient and better temperatures than most competing 240mm coolers in push-pull configurations.
How do I change the fan speed?
Pulse width modulation (PWM) is featured in the included fans, which provides you with increased speed control using any standard fan speed utility. This lets you select the speed that will supply you with the balance between noise production and performance. You’ll be able to reduce the RPM from 2000 to as low as 800, and obtain 20dBA of noise, 42.4CFM of air moved and 0.36mm/H2O of static pressure. On the other hand, you can plug the fans into the water cooling block to use NZXT’s CAM software to control more than just fan speed.
What can I do with CAM software?
By downloading and installing the NZXT CAM software you are provided with a platform for monitoring and adjusting the Kraken X61. Through this software, you can use pre-set fan profiles or create your own and adjust the speed to your liking, change the colour of the RGB LED that appears on the water cooling block and monitor CPU/GPU temperatures and usage. For the LED you can set it so that only a single colour is seen (standard), have it alternate between two colours at a moderate pace (breathing), alternate at a faster rate (blinking) or move through all seven major colours of the rainbow (rainbow).
What is this compatible with?
This water cooler works for both Intel and AMD sockets. It has been pre-fitted with the Intel mount and has thermal paste pre-applied for easy and quick mounting. For mounting onto AMD motherboards, the Intel mount will need to be removed and replaced with the AMD one. It is compatible with Intel LGA 2011-3, 2011, 1366 and 115x (1150, 1151, 1155, 1156) sockets and AMD FM2, FM1, AM3+ and AM2+ sockets.