OpticalCON Quad 4 Fiber Single Mode Coupler
• These allow opticalCON DUO cables to be joined inline
• All are fully wired with four copper wires of 0.75mm sq. in addition to the two fibres and are IP65 rated when matedNeutrik have improved on the original opticalCON with the introduction of the opticalCON ADVANCED range. All ADVANCED cable connectors have an extremely rugged protective rubber coating with integral anti-kink strain relief boot and a rubber-coated metal, latching cap attached by a steel lanyard (The metal latching cap and connector front housing is available separately to upgrade older assemblies, see SCNO below). The opticalCON ADVANCED system is designed around the duplex LC optical connector plus, optionally, four copper conductors, housed in a ruggedised latching body. They are suitable for point-to-point audio, data or camera connection use in all environments such as studio floors, touring, rental and outside broadcast. The cable connectors are supplied pre-assembled only, onto a choice of fibre or fibre/copper hybrid cables. The chassis connectors act as a feed-through and may be mated at the front with Neutrik opticalCON DUO leads for harsh applications, or standard single or duplex LC leads for simple patching. The chassis connector rear accepts standard single or duplex LC connectors and has solder cup termination for copper conductors.
Fibres within both chassis and cable connectors are protected from dirt when unmated by integral, automatic, sealing-shutters with silicone gaskets, which lift when the connectors are mated. The shutters also block laser emission, should a source be left switched on inadvertently. Connector housings have an extremely hard-wearing black chrome finish.
Multimode (MM), 50/125 micron, PC style assemblies are available as well as singlemode (SM), 9/125 micron, assemblies, also in PC style. Please note that LC cables fitted to the rear of the chassis connector MUST match the mating opticalCON ADVANCED DUO assembly type. Connections between MM 50 micron and either 62.5 micron or other fibre sizes may cause losses of 3dB or more.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.