• Hold presentations even in rooms with ambient light thanks to the 3,200 lumens of light
• Obtain a 300 inch screen at a distance of 7.62m with the projector’s throw ratio of 1.95 to 2.15:1
• SVGA (800 x 600) and 4:3 aspect ratio provides you with a good square image – compatible with 16:9 aspect ratio for widescreen viewing
• Enjoy a crisp and clear image that has great shade detailing with the 20,000:1 contrast ratio
• Increase lamp life to 6,500 hours under dynamic mode
• Variety of input connections – HDMI, 2 x VGA/YPbPr, Composite video, S-Video, 2 x 3.5mm jack, RS232
• Connect to another monitor through the VGA out port and output to your own speakers using the 3.5mm audio port
• 2W of mono sound reduces the need to buy your own speakers
• Under eco mode, the projector produces only 29dB of audible noise
• Can be mounted to the ceiling to prevent damage and decrease the amount of space taken
• Be entertained by the world of 3D through the use of DLP link 3D glasses (sold separately)
• Manual vertical keystone correction for manually correcting a distorted image
• Reduce the brightness and therefore increase lamp life under Eco modeCan I watch in 3D with this projector?
Performing superbly in an office or home setting, this Optoma S316 projector can cope well with rooms with lots of ambient light while still providing you with a good picture. It is 3D ready, so you’ll just need to connect your 3D source to the projector and have DLP link 3D glasses, such as Order Code: N85EJ, to enjoy the amazements and excitement of 3D viewing. It can power up and shutdown in a matter of seconds, saving you both time and energy. The built-in 2W mono speaker also makes it quick to set up without any need for external speakers. Alternatively, you can connect up to your own external sound system through the 3.5mm audio port if you prefer.
What is the picture quality like with light in the room?
This projector can display a good square image in lots of different ambiences, as it features SVGA resolution, 4:3 native aspect ratio and a 20,000:1 contrast ratio. Bright scenes are crisp and clear, while dark scenes give out amazing light and shade detailing. If you want a widescreen image, you are able to set the aspect ratio to 16:9. The S316 is also capable of projecting out 3,200 lumens of light, so it can provide you with a satisfying image even with small amounts of light in the room. This makes it ideal for environments where not all ambient light can be removed.
How large can I make the projected screen?
A throw ratio of 1.95 to 2.15:1 means that you can position this projector 7.62m away and get a screen size of 300 inches (with a 4:3 aspect ratio). Ceiling mounting sockets at the bottom of the projector make it easy to achieve a favourable screen size without having to move too much out of the projector’s line of sight. Tilting the projector may result in a distorted image, but this can be fixed using the manual vertical keystone correction feature.
What devices can I connect to this projector?
Having a universal HDMI port makes connecting to the S316 simple and also allows for a multitude of devices to connect to it. Other ports include two VGA, composite video, S-Video and RS232 ports. VGA, composite video and S-Video ports give you multiple connections and the chance to connect to legacy devices. Alternatively, the RS232 port can be used to control the projector from a distance using a RS232 cable between it and a computer terminal.
Plugging Optima’s wireless adapter (sold separately) into the VGA port of the S316 lets you wireless transmit your content to the projector. Installing the software on your Windows or Mac OSX 10.5 and above computer is all you need to get started. Alternatively, you can install the MirrorOp Presenter app on your Android and iOS devices, so you can share ideas with your audience and control any presentations with common finger gestures.
Does this projector have an Eco mode?
Numerous methods of saving you energy and therefore lamp longevity have been incorporated into the S316. You can select the traditional eco mode, which dims the lamp to decrease power consumption and extend your lamp’s life from 5,000 hours to 6,000 hours. Alternatively, you can activate dynamic mode. Under this mode the lamp output is automatically adjusted based on the brightness needed for each frame, further increasing lamp life to approximately 6,500 hours. An AV mute feature is available too, which momentarily turns off/on audio and video feeds, reducing power consumption by up to 25%. This feature can also be used to direct the attention of the audience away from the screen when it is no longer needed.