• Intel® Core™ i5-6400 quad-core 2.7GHz (3.3GHz boost speed), 6MB cache CPU gives you great gaming, work and multitasking performance
• VR Ready NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 970 4GB GDDR5 graphics card for excellent gaming and graphics performance at 1440p
• HyperX® Fury 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3, 1600MHz, CL10 (10-10-10) RAM module gives you the boost in performance for gaming
• 3.5" 1TB, 7200RPM hard disk drive provides you with a generous amount of storage for files, movies, music and pictures
• Kingston® SSDNow V300 120GB SSD leaves you with an acceptable amount of space for games and applications
• Play and create your own DVDs or CDs through the 24x dual layer ±R/±RW/RAM DVD writer
• Has the following input and output (I/O) ports: 4 x USB 3.0, 3 x USB 2.0, 1 x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port, 3 x audio jack(s), 1 x COM port, 1 x parallel port, 1 x headphone port, 1 x microphone port, 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port, 1 x HDMI, 2 x mini DisplayPort, 1 x dual-link DVI-I
• Upgrade this computer in the future, through one of these expansion ports: 2 x DIMM (1 free, max 32 GB), 1 x PCI express (PCIe) 3.0/2.0 x16 (0 free), 2 x PCI express (PCIe) 2.0 x1 (2 free), 4 x SATA III 6Gb/s ports (1 free)
• On-board Realtek® ALC887-VD2 8 channel high definition audio CODEC
• Microsoft® Windows® 10 64-bit home edition, pre-installed on the SSD gives you quick start up and shutdown times
• Supplied with a free 30 day trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 and 90 day trial of BullGuard® internet security
• Weighs approximately 9kg and has dimensions of 215mm x 493mm x 426mm (W x D x H)
• Corsair® red LED 120mm fan supplies you with a red glow that adds a dash of colour and light to your caseIs this the right gaming PC for me?
This Vulcan Fury III is perfect for anyone looking to game at a resolution of 1440p on a budget. Comprised of an Intel® Core™ i5-6400 2.7GHz CPU with a boost speed of 3.3GHz, 8GB (8GB x 1) of HyperX® Fury RAM and a NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX™ 970 4GB graphics card. Added up, this results in a system that is able to run a majority of games on medium to high quality settings at a resolution of 1440p (2,560 x 1,440 pixels). Once connected to a 1440p monitor, you can see more details and sharper imagery in your games. Through the large side panel window on your case, you can marvel at the inside of the computer system, with the included Corsair® LED 120mm fan providing red illumination. Additionally, this computer is DirectX® 12 ready, which means you can enjoy the lifelike visuals of future games, for a more stimulating gaming experience.
What is the processor like in this PC?
Stocked with an Intel® quad-core i5-6400 CPU with a base clock speed of 2.7GHz, which can be increased to 3.3GHz, you get a processor that supplies you with superb performance for gaming and multitasking. The higher potential speed is achieved by the processor automatically though Intel’s Turbo Boost technology 2.0. With this technology, the system determines if you need the extra power, and if temperatures allow, you’ll get the increased speed on one core.
What can I do with this graphics card?
NVIDIA’s GeForce® GTX™ 970 graphics card is pre-installed within this gaming PC. Powered by NVIDIA® Maxwell™ architecture, you get lots of features and amazing performance. 4GB of GDDR5 video memory (VRAM) is built-in, giving you the ability to easily play many games in high visual settings at a resolution of 1440p.
NVIDIA G-SYNC provides a stunning visual experience, and with a compatible monitor you can minimise display shutter and input lag. NVIDIA Surround can output to four monitors simultaneously and you can use the monitors as a single display for a truly immersive gaming experience. The graphics card supports technologies like DirectX 12 that will allow you to take advantage of any new games available in the future.
What storage do I get in this PC?
A 1TB hard disk drive (HDD) is fitted in this gaming PC for you to store a large amount of your files. A Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB solid state drive (SSD) is also provided. The operating system (OS) is installed on this SSD, so you can boot up and turn off your computer in seconds. 120GB of storage leaves you with a good amount of space for a few of your favourite games and most used applications.
How much memory do I have in this PC?
Equipped with an 8GB HyperX® Fury DDR3 memory stick (RAM module), which runs at 1600MHz. This allows you to quickly and efficiently run multiple applications, as well as numerous tabs on your internet browser without a drop in performance. Since only one DIMM slot is taken up by this RAM module, you have one slot free for upgrading in the future.