• AMD Athlon X4 860K quad core CPU running at 3.7GHz offers great performance for games, entertainment and work related programmes
• AMD RADEON RX470 offers great 1080p HD performance for your gaming experience at 60 FPS
• Twin 4GB modules of HyperX FURY DDR3 1,600MHz memory lets you run multiple programs and boosts loading of gaming resources
• 3.5-inch 1TB 7200RPM SATA-III (6Gbps) hard disk provides you with a generous amount of storage for your programs, games and files
• Features the following input and output (I/O) ports: 3x USB 3.0, 4x USB 2.0, 1x 3.5mm headphone socket, 1x 3.5mm microphone socket, Network port, DVI, HDMI and Display Port
• The ASUS A68HM mATX main board allows for expansion using the following internal ports: 1x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (In use), 1xPCIe 2.0 x1 and a single PCI slot, 2x DDR3 memory bays (in use)
• Integrated Realtek ALC887-VD 8-channel high definition audio CODEC supplies sound for your gaming or media experience
• Play and create your own DVDs or CDs through the 24x dual layer ±R/±RW/RAM DVD writer
• Pre-Installed Genuine Windows 10 64-bit home edition operating system
• Free 30-day trial of Microsoft Office 365, Bullguard internet security-free 90 day licence
• Three-year warranty included (one month collect and return, one year parts and three-year labour)For high performance, choose the Vulcan Impact Gaming PC
The Vulcan Impact Gaming PC offers great performance for running the latest triple-A gaming titles. It can handle 60 frames per second (FPS) at 1080p with ease, ensuring a smooth gameplay experience without stuttering or compromising with lower graphics quality.
Each core component has been pre-selected and installed into the system and is ready to go, making sure 100% compatibility is achieved throughout. All you need to add is a keyboard and mouse, monitor, speakers or a headset and you’re good to go. If you’re gaming online, simply connect the LAN Ethernet port to your existing network router or connect a compatible Wi-Fi adapter or card (not included).
What processing and graphics does this gaming PC use?
The core of this gaming PC uses an AMD X4 860K CPU running at a locked speed of 3.7GHz, which provides a fast centre of operations to ensure your programs and software tasks run quickly. Accompanying the CPU is 8GB of fast DDR3 HyperX RAM to allow you to run multiple programs and boost the overall performance of your system.
The core of the graphics processing is handled by a dedicated AMD RADEON RX 470 graphics card, this allows you to run games at higher frame rates and graphical settings than a GPU chipset built onto your mainboard. 4GB of superfast GDDR5 memory ensures that more complex textures can be accessed quickly, reducing overall load times for your games. Other features of this card include low power consumption, Polaris technology and Direct X12 features.
How much storage space is included with this gaming PC?
The Vulcan Impact boasts a large 1TB (1000MB) 72,000 RPM hard drive for storing and quickly accessing all of your files, multiple games and programs.
Please bear in mind the hard disk is also home to the pre-installed Genuine Windows 10 operating system and trial software, this reduces overall available storage space by approximately 30GB.
Can I upgrade this PC’s main board?
The Vulcan Impact uses an ASUS A68HM Plus mATX main board so that all of the installed components function and communicate with each other. This main board features advanced technologies from ASUS to allow your machine to run at its full potential. These include an advanced BIOS program, fan controls and system optimisation programs. The A68HM uses a FM2+ socket to support AMD A and Athlon Series APU and CPUs, and two DDR3 slots support up to a maximum of 32GB of memory with a max speed of 2400 (O.C) should you wish to upgrade the existing installed memory. Other expansion slots are provided to allow you to add additional hard drives using SATA-III connections, install a Wi-Fi card using the PCI slot or upgrade the dedicated graphics card which uses the PCIe 3.0 x 16 slot.
The whole system runs off of the pre-installed Corsair 450W power supply, so please check power requirements before upgrading this system.