• Philips Hue series offer you a smart lighting solution, allowing you to operate your lights through the use of an App or web browser via the Philips Hue Bridge (not included)
• Simply plug in and sync with the Hue Bridge to be able to access the lights from anywhere
• Using just 9 W of energy, you can produce anything from warm natural light to vibrant bluish white
• Fits into a standard GU10 connection
• Produces over 16 million shades of colour and tones of white
• The Hue App is available for Android, iOS, and Kindle operating systems and works on multiple smart devices simultaneously
• Fitted with LEDs, the bulb can last up to 15,000 hours, with an A grade energy efficiency ratingWhat can you do with the Hue Bulb?
The Philips friends of Hue series covers a range of smart lighting products, that work together, allowing you to produce creative and dynamic lighting throughout your home. The Philips Hue puts you in control of the lighting in your home, radically changing the way you interact with light. Choose from a range of 16 million shades of colour, with vibrant selection of white tones from warm to cool colour temperatures.
How can you control the Hue Bulb?
The friends of Hue range gives you control through an intuitive app, available for free, which can operate over your local Wi-Fi via the Hue Bridge (not included). The app offers a number of methods to interact and control your lighting, even allowing you to create a colour palette from any image of your choice. The Hue App is compatible with any iOS 7.0 device or higher including iPhones, iPods and iPads; Android device running 2.3 and higher, and any Kindle device.
The Hue series also functions with the amazing service of IFTTT 'If This Then That'. This tool allows you to string together custom tasks from apps, websites and devices. An example would be to setup your Hue bulb to influence a smart thermostat, setting the temperature to correlate with certain colours of your choice.
What is the life span of the bulb?
The Hue can operate for up to 15,000 hours, easily outmatching traditional incandescent bulbs, whilst only using 9 Watts of energy. As with any LED bulb, the Hue has an 'A' grade energy efficiency rating, giving you a light that lasts long at a low energy cost.
Is it difficult to install?
Installation of the Hue has been optimised to retrofit into your home, not requiring an electrician, the setup is simple. Fitted with a standard GU10 cap, all you need to do is replace your existing light bulbs. Once installed setting up the control requires the Hue Bridge (not included) and downloading the Hue App.
The ecosystem of the Hue range allows you to connect up to 50 Hue products to your Hue Bridge. All you need is one of the many starter kits, allowing you to combine any of the range to create your ideal home lighting.