• Project a picture in moderately lit rooms thanks to the 140 lumens output
• Enjoy your content on the big screen, with a 120 inch screen achievable at a distance of up to 5m
• Obtain a good widescreen picture through the WVGA (854 x 480) resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio
• 1000:1 contrast ratio gives you a good range of colour shades
• Connect to a range of devices through the mini-HDMI, A/V, mini-USB, USB 2.0 and SD card slots
• Despite the small size, the built-in 1W speaker provides you with satisfying mono sound
• Add your own speakers for even louder sounds through the 3.5mm audio port
• A tripod mount at the bottom means the projector can be secured onto a tripod for a stable base to present off
• Present on the go with 1800mAh supplying you with up to two hours portable use
• 4GB internal memory for storing files without having to plug in external devicesWould this be the right projector for me?
If you’re looking to present on the go, then this PPX3614 projector is the perfect pocket companion for you. A built-in is a 7.4V 1800mAh battery can provide you with up to two hours of continuous movie, photo and music enjoyment. Weighing just 284g and being small in size, this projector is truly portable. An embedded media player and various connection ports allow you to connect a multitude of devices for presenting, watching movies and more.
This PPX3614 projector operates on an Android platform, so you can use the YouTube app, browse the web and install other apps with APK installation packets. 4GB of internal memory gives you a good amount of space to store many apps, movies, music and pictures. Included is a 1W mono speaker that gives you an all-in-one projection device. A 3.5mm audio port is included so you can connect the projector to your own sound system.
What picture quality can I expect from this projector?
Despite its small and compact design, the DLP LED technology of this projector delivers brilliant colours and contrasts. A 1000:1 contrast ratio provides you with a good mixture of colour shades. Furthermore, the WVGA resolution (854 x 480 pixels) and 16:9 aspect ratio delivers a satisfying widescreen picture. Emitting 140 lumens of light, you can present with this projectors in environments where there is a moderate amount of light.
What is the maximum screen size?
Carry a personal cinema screen in your pocket, as this projector can produce an image of up to 120 inches wide when positioned approximately 5m away. Since it utilises a LED lamp to project the image, the lamp is more cost efficient to run compared to more traditional lights, with this one lasting for up to 30,000 hours before a replacement is needed.
Can I connect to this projector wirelessly?
This projector can broadcast its own Wi-Fi connection, so that it becomes a personal hotspot and lets you connect DLNA compatible devices to the projector wirelessly. You can also use the PicoPixWlink software to connect your laptop or computer to the projector through your wireless network (with both the projector and the computer/laptop needing to be on the same network). This gives you the ability to enjoy your music, videos and pictures on the big screen without needing to physically connect any devices to the projector.
In addition, there are a number of different ports located on the projector that allow for a range of wired connections to be made. With the supplied mini-HDMI to HDMI cable you can connect your laptop or computer to the projector. Additionally, with the use of a MHL cable/adapter (please see our list here – the need for a 5-pin or 11-pin connector will depend on your phone), you can connect your smartphone to the projector and have its screen mirrored onto the big screen. Connecting an Apple smart device to the projector will require either an Apple 30-pin Digital AV adapter (Order Code: A02NQ) or an Apple Lighting Digital AV adapter (Order Code: A89LQ).
The inclusion of an office viewer and media player means any USB devices or memory cards inserted into the USB 2.0 and SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card slot can have its files projected without needing an intermediary device, such as a computer. All these various methods of connecting to the projector, wirelessly or through a wired connection, makes this a versatile device that is ideal for use at work or at home.