• Semi-closed back design provides the benefits of both open and closed headphones
• Housing constructed from aluminium wards against vibration for a purer sound
• Re-engineered 8.6mm drivers for tight, responsive bass
• Anti-tangle slider ensures less hassle undoing knots
• Three sizes of silicone ear adapters see to it that you get a comfortable, secure fit
• 1.2 metre cable for freedom of movementWhat are the benefits of semi-closed headphones?
The main advantage of semi-closed or semi-open headphones is that they deliver both a natural sound and decent isolation against background noise.
Closed-back headphones have exactly that: closed backs. This means that sound is kept contained within the headphones themselves, and there is no way for outside noise to get in. Sound waves travel in both directions from the driver (in and out) however, which means that sound waves reflect back from the inside of the headphones and therefore do not sound as natural as open headphones.
Open-backed headphones have exactly the opposite: open backs. This means that sound is able to be reproduced without the reflections caused by closed back designs, resulting in a more natural sound. The drawback is that sound often leaks out, and there is little isolation against background noise.
Semi-closed headphones combine the benefits of these designs resulting in a more natural sound, with good noise isolation.
What other features should I know about?
Included on the cable is an anti-tangle slider, used for clipping the cable together when the headphones are not in use. Helping to reduce knots, a common bore to undo, as well as extending the lifetime of your headphones.
Also included are three sizes of silicone ear adapters, which when combined with the curved architecture of the earpieces ensure an extremely comfortable fit.
What about connectivity?
These headphones come with a standard 3.5mm jack connection, and so can be connected to a wide variety of everyday devices. Whether you want to listen to your smartphone, tablet, MP3 player or computer, you’ll have no issues.