• Triple set of 433 MHz RF sockets
• Radio-controlled mains sockets for household appliances
• Can switch off devices to save money on your electric bill
• Helps those with mobility issues avoid backache
• They do not require a direct line of sight to operate
• Uses four-channel remote operating over 433 MHz
• Dual control option allows two remote devices to operate a single socket
• Compatible with Raspberry Pi Pi-mote control board
• For indoor use onlyWhat convenience do the Pi-mote RF mains sockets provide?
The Pi-mote RF (Radio Frequency) mains sockets are a top-selling solution to electrical sockets located in awkward or inconvenient locations. They are mains electrical points that sit plugged into an existing socket on a wall, and are controlled by the radio frequencies of a remote control.
They have a range of 30 m, including through walls and ceilings so that the sockets can easily be switched off from any location around the home. To switch them on or off you can either use the dedicated remote found with mains sockets or a device like the Pi-mote control board.
What could I achieve with the Pi-mote RF mains sockets?
With the Pi-mote sockets, you can add new automated functionality to your electrical devices all around your home. Two great features of this system are that it uses RF control and is compatible with a Raspberry Pi 433 MHz Control board. The RF control means that a direct line of sight is not required for operation. The Raspberry Pi is a small programmable computer, opening up the possibility for countless ways to control when and for how long your electrical devices come on for.
What is compatible with the Pi-mote RF mains sockets?
The Pi-mote RF mains sockets can be used in any standard 13 Amp household plug points. They can be used to the control the power going to any mains operated device up to a 3 kW load. This includes TVs, lights, printers and many more household items.
A single Pi-mote RF mains socket can be controlled using two different remote controls, one of which can be the Raspberry Pi 433 Mhz Control board available here.