PiHUB for Raspberry Pi Powered HUB with DC Power
• Beautifully formed high power USB hub for your Raspberry Pi
• Powers and expands USB ports available to the Raspberry Pi
• Made in the UK with 10 per cent revenue to the Raspberry Pi foundation
• Comes with additional power supply for hungry gadgets
• Supplies 3000mA at 5.2V to supply power to both your Raspberry Pi and connected peripherals
• Designated 1.1A port, useful for powering the Raspberry Pi
• USB 2.0 compliant but backwards compatible with version 1.1What does the PiHUB add to my Raspberry Pi?
The PiHUB extends the connectivity power of your Raspberry Pi with a clever and attractive design. It is a hub which not only increases the number of USB devices your Raspberry Pi connects to, but provides power to them as well.
It is fully USB 2.0 compliant but also backwards compatible with USB version 1.1 and provides up to 3A, which is sufficient to power four connected USB devices. You can even use on the PiHUB’s USB ports to power the Raspberry Pi itself.
How can I build projects by connecting to the PiHUB?
The small size of the PiHUB means it is well suited for portability and for use within many projects.
It has been designed with six connections - two on the leaf parts of the design and four USB ports on the larger Raspberry part of the design. The two connections on the leaf part of design include a DC power jack which accepts a standard DC plug, providing power to all of the USB connected devices. This 3A, barrel-jack, power plug is included with your PiHUB. The second connection on the leaf section is for data connection and a cable connects this port to a spare USB slot of the Raspberry Pi.
The high power USB ports can be used to power anything from hard disks to smart tablets, all while still connected to and controlled by the Raspberry Pi. The underside of the PiHUB reveals three of the USB ports are all labelled with a USB symbol and these are rated 0.5A each. The USB port with a Raspberry symbol is rated at 1.1A and is suited to powering your Raspberry Pi.
What is compatible PiHUB?
The PiHUB is compatible with all models of the Raspberry Pi that have a spare USB port.
| Type of devices
|| USB Port
| Compatible model
|| A, A+, B, B+ V2 B and V3 B
| Pin outs
| Internal Dimensions
| External Dimensions
|| 76 mm x 60mm x 20 mm
| Cable Length
| Package Contents
|| 3000mA power supply
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.