Pimoroni Display-O-Tron HAT for Raspberry Pi
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: N16EF
• A coloured LCD display screen with 16x3 characters for your Raspberry Pi
• Program to see emails and tweets directly from the Raspberry Pi
• Compatible with 40 pin Raspberry Pi boards
• Full ASCII character set with eight custom characters, making it great for all sorts of projects
• Interact with your Raspberry Pi without a keyboard or monitor
• Features six touch buttons
• Nine LEDs to quickly communicate information such as volume for music
• Six zone RGB backlight and six LED barograph
• Compatible with 40 pin Raspberry Pi boardsHow does this enhance my Raspberry Pi?
With the Pimoroni Display-O-Tron HAT, you can see exactly what’s going on with your program and make changes with your Raspberry Pi with this LCD screen. With three rows of text and 16 letters or special characters in each row, you have access to plenty of information. The display comes with six capacitive touch buttons for navigating or inputting data. The buttons are labelled left, right, up, down, enter and back but you can customise them to suit your purposes.
What connections does the HAT use?
The Display-O-Tron has some breakouts for common GPIO pins, which will connect the screen to sensors and projects. You can connect a 5V or 3.3V power I2C and SPI busses, UART and PWM pins as well as five general purpose IO pins.
What can I use this HAT for?
With this HAT, you can display stationary or scrolling text, which is great for monitoring your experiments. Alternatively, you can connect it to your emails or Tweets and read them through your Raspberry Pi. The display has a six segment and RGB backlight, with a diffuser for an amazing range of colourful displays. A six LED element bar graph help you keep track of status changes or memory use. You’ll also have plenty of characters with a full ASCII set and capacity to customise eight characters of your own.
What is the Display-O-Tron compatible with?
The Pimoroni Display-O-Tron is compatible with all 40-pin Raspberry Pi models, including the B+, Pi 2 and Pi 3. The screen also comes with full Pimoroni Python support. If you want to use a case to protect your Pi, the Pibow Coupé case will allow you to still access the touch sensitive buttons. For more instructions and examples for projects you can try here.
|Type of devices||Explorer pHAT|
|Compatible with which Pi's?||Raspberry Pi A+, B+, Pi 2 & Pi 3|
|Sockets||20 (+ 40 to GPIO pin)|
|Voltage||3.3V & 5V|