• Central location for your files with a phenomenal amount of potential storage and the chance to run an impressive amount of apps at one time
• Diskless model – no hard drives are installed in the four bays, and each bay can hold up to 8TB
• Read and write speeds of up to 225MB/s, under a RAID 5 configuration and link aggregation
• Automatically backup your Windows or Mac computers to this NAS drive
• Keep files stored on the NAS safe with backups to USB, the Cloud and to another NAS – RAID configurations are also available
• Stream videos and music without pre-configuration to a DLNA or UPnP compliant device
• Numerous mobile apps for Apple iOS, Android and Windows mobile devices, such as Qfile for browsing and uploading files
• Integrate your files and backup from and to Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive and other cloud services
• Install ‘surveillance station’ for real-time monitoring, video recording and playback of connected IP cameras
• Install ‘virtualisation station’ to use Windows, Linux, UNIX and Android based virtual machines as remote desktops
• Up to 1080p video transcoding, allowing you to watch videos that are not fully supported by device
• Display content directly to a TV or monitor via the supplied HDMI portHigh-performance NAS that is filled with features
This QNAP TS-451+ is highly scalable to meet your needs, can be accessed by connecting to a monitor, transcode 1080p videos, has potential for a large amount of storage and notable multitasking performance. It is fitted with an Intel Celeron J1900 quad-core CPU, 8GB RAM and two Gigabit Ethernet (LAN) ports, which equates to read and write speeds of up to 225MB/s. You can customise the NAS to suit your needs by installing apps from the app center through QNAP’s intuitive QTS 4.2 operating system (OS).
How much storage do I get with this NAS drive?
Equipped with four empty hard drive bays, you can add up to 8TB* of your hard drives into each bay, for a total phenomenal storage size of 32TB. If you find that this is too little for your needs, you can easily add to it at a later date by using either a QNAP UX-800P for up to 64TB extra space, or a UX-500P for up to 40TB.
*For a list of hard drives that are compatible with this NAS, please click here
Can I automatically back up my computer to this NAS?
Schedule automatic backups of your Windows or Mac computer to this NAS drive. The backups can be in real-time or on a routine basis, with QNAP’s ‘NetBak Replicator’ available for Windows computers and Apple’s dedicated Time Machine backup program for Macs. Additionally, you can use the front USB port to back up an external hard drive’s content at a touch of a button.
As a contingency for losing your important documents or backups from being lost forever, you can enable a number of different features this NAS has. One of these is RAID configurations, with RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6 and RAID 10 available to provide you extra copies of your files. Using ‘backup station’ you can also create remote site backups of your data, locally, to another NAS or to the cloud
What apps can I use with this NAS drive?
Utilising myQNAPcloud service, you can effortlessly setup remote access to your QNAP NAS drive. This gives you access to your files through the myQNAPcloud portal, mobile apps or through the Qsync PC utility. Mobile apps include Qphoto, Qmusic and Qvideo for multimedia access, Qmanager for NAS status checks and Qfile for managing/downloading/uploading files.
Through the app center, via QTS, you can install various apps onto your NAS drive, increasing the amount of features it has to fit your needs. ‘Surveillance station’ is an app you can install which allows you to record from up to two IP cameras**, since two free camera licences are provided. ‘HD station’ transforms the NAS into a multimedia device, with support for multimedia player apps, browsers and other streaming platforms. ‘Virtualization station’ and ‘container station’ allow you to run multiple operating systems, and just by plugging in a monitor/TV, keyboard and mouse, you can use your NAS as a PC.
** For a list of other compatible products (IP cameras, SSDs, external storage devices etc.), please click here
Can I play my media files stored on the NAS to other devices?
Playing content from the NAS drive doesn’t need to be done through a router, just plug it direct to a monitor or HDTV and enjoy your multimedia content. The built-in DLNA server lets you stream multimedia files with DLNA/UPnP devices that are on the same network, for example a PlayStation 3 or Xbox One, without pre-configuration. Through transcoding (converting file formats to universally readable ones), this NAS can enable devices to play content even if they don’t natively support a certain file format.