• Learn everything you need to know about the Raspberry Pi 3
• Explore the Raspbian operating system and learn to program in Python
• 192-page paperback book with illustrated projects
• Go from basics to complicated programsWhat’s this book about?
Become a wiz with the Raspberry Pi 3 by following these easy steps. Learn everything from setting up the Raspberry Pi to displaying images and lighting a lamp. Clear step by step instructions show you how to do each task. This fully illustrated book is printed in full colour, making it simple to use and follow. The book comes with helpful icons highlighting things to remember, things to spice up your learning and warnings of possible dangers.
Who is the author?
Raspberry Pi 3 is part of the popular ‘in Easy Steps’ range of introductory books, which help people get started with programming. The book is written by Mike McGrath, who gained extensive knowledge in computer languages as a developer contractor around the world. This 192-page, easy to follow book is written in plain English and takes you from the basics to mastering the Raspberry Pi 3.
From the back cover:
Raspberry Pi 3 in Easy Steps is the perfect companion for anyone exploring the new Raspberry Pi 3 computer for the first time. It starts with the basic components you’ll need, setting up the system and logging into the console. Then, in easy steps, it introduces you to the Raspbian operating system. Discover how to:
• Customise the look and feel of your system
• Utilise the system ‘shell’ to make things happen
• Create animations with Scratch
• Make your own games using Python
• Use Tkinter to create graphical windowed apps
• Control electrical input and output on the Raspberry Pi header, including lighting a lamp, adding more buttons and controlling projects
• Do lots more with your Raspberry Pi
Use this guide to master the Raspberry Pi and the fundamentals of programming – all in easy steps