Raspberry Pi Original Model B with 8GB Micro SD Card Kit
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: A77NK
• Integrated VideoCore IV GPU capable of playing full 1080p high definition Blu-Ray quality video
• Free, versatile, and highly developer friendly Debian GNU/Linux operating system
• HDMI video output and RCA video output
• Two USB ports and 3.5 mm audio output jack
• 5 V micro USB power input jack
• SD, MMC, SDIO flash memory card slot
• 26 pin 2.54 mm header expansion slot
• Superior random access performance micro SD card bundle
• Micro SD card bundle is safe from X-rays and magnetic fields
• Reliable shock proof technology of micro SD card bundle
• To view our full range of Raspberry Pi kits and accessories please click hereRaspberry Pi OS Final PDF >>
The perfect bundle to get you started with a Raspberry Pi Model B board and Micro SD card to get you going.
The Raspberry Pi is an ultra low cost, deck of cards sized Linux computer. Developed by the Raspberry Pi Foundation in the UK, the Raspberry Pi aims to put the fun back into learning computing by promoting the study of computer science and programming at a school level. The design is based around a Broadcom BCM2835 SoC, which includes an ARM1176JZF-S 700 MHz processor, VideoCore IV GPU, and 512 MB of RAM. The design does not include a built in hard disk or solid state drive, instead relying on an SD card for booting and long term storage. This board is intended to run Linux kernel based operating systems. The board also includes two USB ports and a 10/100 Ethernet controller. This version is the Mode B and is the original design from the Raspberry Pi Foundation, its a great board to learn to code on and features 26 GPIO pins to give you a start in programming.
B>What Can I Do With It?
There are various programming languages to choose from if you want to try the Pi; but the main ones you'll hear about are Python and Scratch. If you use the Official Foundation OS software then these programming languages are included.
Scratch is brilliant for children, and is most likely the very same 'language' that your children will learn first at school. Developed by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in America, Scratch is a graphical based language that allows children to build programs using graphical blocks of instructions, which at first sight may look very different to your perception of a programming language. However, underneath the cartoonish feel and the obligatory cat (that's Scratch himself) is a very powerful drag and drop language that can be used to build games, utilities, movies and lots more.
To download the latest software for your Pi or play around with alternative Operating Systems then click here
For instructions on how to install a Raspberry Pi Operating System please read this guide
New to Pi?
We have created starter kits that include the all you need to get started, everything from the preloaded SD card to the cables, keyboard and mouse. These are a great way to get acquainted with a Raspberry Pi without worrying about getting it all working. Best of all these kits are great VALUE than buying all of the parts separately