Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: R45PI
About this product
• Starter kit with Raspberry Pi model B board including a USB mouse, a USB keyboard, a power supply and a USB hub
• A full computer as small as a credit card that is full of potential for beginners and experts alike
• BCM2835 CPU running a 700MHz processor giving you a good performance
• 512MB memory chip giving you a quick response for such a small device
• Comes supplied with Raspbian operating software on a 4GB SD card
• Can be used for building robots, arcade games and much more
• Aimed at teaching novices how to program and develop their own softwareWhat is Raspberry Pi?
The Raspberry Pi is a low cost, credit card sized computer that plugs into any normal TV or monitor. It enables people to explore computing, whether they are old, middle aged or young. It can also be used to teach computer programming which uses special computer languages such as Scratch and Python. Raspberry Pi came from the idea that, without an affordable solution, children of the future would grow up without being computer literate in the new age of technology.
What can I do with a Raspberry Pi?
What you can do with the Raspberry Pi vastly outweighs what you can’t do. The possibilities are practically endless. From something as simple as using it as a normal computer with an office package and an internet browser to making your own retro games console. The GPIO (General-purpose input/output) terminals can be used in the same vein as a switch to turn objects on and off or even using it as a quick reaction game. You can see what other people have been making by clicking here.
Why should I buy this?
This Raspberry Pi starter kit could start you on the way to being a skilled programmer. The kit comes with the added benefit of having everything you need to start learning in one box. It comes with a keyboard and mouse to set everything up as well as a power supply and Wi-Fi dongle to get connected to the Internet. This saves you having to buy everything separately and it comes with the operating software already installed on to a 4GB SD card. This will save you time meaning you can get straight on with your learning experience.
To download the latest software for your Pi or play around with alternative Operating Systems then click here.
For instructions on how to install a Raspberry Pi Operating System please read this guide.
HDMI (up to 1.4 compatible) and DSI socket
Broadcom BCM2835 SOC 700MHz
Broadcom VideoCore IV