Hard-wearing push on/push off DPDT switch. Strong metal... Read More
Find similar products here
Recessed Magnetic Contact/Reed Switch
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: YW46A
About this product
- Protect wooden windows and doors with the supplied reed switch and magnet
- Installed in a recessed hole for a hidden magnetic switch with an operating distance of 15mm
- Comes pre-wired with four wires that are 305mm long for a simpler installation compared to traditional screw terminal magnetic contacts
• Protect wooden windows and doors with the supplied reed switch and magnet
• Installed in a recessed hole for a hidden magnetic switch with an operating distance of 15mm
• Comes pre-wired with four wires that are 305mm long for a simpler installation compared to traditional screw terminal magnetic contactsWould this contact be a great choice for me?
A recessed magnetic contact that can be used as a hidden sensor for your alarm system. Activates an alarm when the gap between the reed switch and magnet exceeds 15mm, providing you with a sensitive magnetic contact.
What can I do with the magnetic contact/reed switch?
The recessed magnetic contact can be used in conjunction with a security system to help sense when an intruder has opened a door or window. Thanks to the component being recessed into a wooden door or window it would not be spotted until it is too late. Also since the operating gap of the magnetic contact is 15mm, it is best to locate it at a window or door that is close to it's frame and is not loose. Otherwise you may experience an abnormal amount of false alarms.
Do I need anything else to connect this to my security system?
Due to this magnetic contact being recessed mounted it does require a hole to be drilled into both the window or door and it's frame, with an additional hole needed to run the wires out. An alarm cable (e.g. Order Code: XR89W) is needed to connect this component to your security system's control panel, with a junction box also needed to connect the two together.
|Operating gap||15 mm|
|Terminal type||4 wire 305 mm cable|
|Main body dimensions:||27.5 x 8mm dia.|
|Switch configuration||Normally Closed|
|Dimensions - Reed Switch||N/A|
|Dimensions - Magnet||N/A|
|Dimensions - Recess||28.5 mm x 15 mm (dia)|
|Dimensions - Flange||16 mm (dia)|
|Voltage range (DC)||1 to 100V|
|Maximum current (DC)||500 mA|
|Voltage range (AC)||1 to 125V|
|Maximum current (AC)||500 mA|
|Material||High Impact Polystyrene|
|Flush reed switch and magnet|