• Make a moving salt water powered motorcycle and rider
• Build a motorcycle complete with rider and power it from just a few drops of salt water
• Learn about alternative fuels
• Have fun creating this kit out of 66 parts
• Suitable for ages 10+
• No batteries require as it creates its own powerWhat can I make with this kit?
Build your bike and watch it go with this cool salt water powered motorbike kit. Have fun building you motorbike with 66 parts including cams and swing arms to give this bike flexibility for straight, left and right turns and sweeping ‘S’ turns. Suitable for ages 10 and over with adult supervision. The kit (21-753) clicks together with no need for batteries, glue or soldering. However, a crosshead and slotted screwdriver and diagonal cutters (recommended Order Code A20QW )) may be helpful.
What can I learn from this kit?
Have fun learning about alternative clean energy with this cool salt water powered motorbike. Salt water fuel cells create power by using a chemical reaction between a magnesium strip and oxygen. The salt water is a catalyst for the reaction. Add salt and water in a 1:5 ratio for the most efficient mix, experiment and see how the salt level in the water effects the bike. Place four or five drops of salt water on the fabric and watch the car go for up to 15 minutes. Spare fuel cells are available -Order Code N43DQ.
The materials used are environmentally friendly with no toxic substances or chemicals used.