• Smart heating thermostat
• Access and control your heating and hot water (requires boiler control module)
• Compatible with different systems - can be used for heating only, hot water and heating or two different heating zones (requires iT300)
• Full temperature control via the wireless thermostat, web browser or app
• Control from anywhere via Apple, Android, Windows devices through the app over Wi-Fi or 3G/4G
• The system is wireless, allowing for easy installation
• Up to six programmable daily heating events to ensure your home is warm when you arrive
• Up to three programmable hot water events
• Automatic frost protection which will switch the heating on, to prevent low temperatures.
• Holiday mode and automatic BST/GMT time change, ensures maximum energy efficient control
• Energy save override allows you to set and activate your lowest set temperatureWhat can I do with the iT500BM?
The iT500BM will change the way you interact with your home’s heating, giving you control over both central heating and hot water. Designed to suit your lifestyle, you can create and set custom schedules, keeping rooms comfortable when you're home. Fitted with numerous features, the smart thermostat will adjust to your set requirements. Holiday mode and energy save override work independently to optimise your home’s temperature, whilst maximising energy efficiency. The unit’s frost protection mode allows you to set a minimal temperature, alongside your heating schedules, kicking in to avoid damage to pipes and electronics.
The iT500BM does not have any annual fee/subscription, it is a solution to home heating that adjusts to both your heating costs and comforts.
How can I control the iT500BM?
The smart thermostat is intuitive and easy-to use, giving you full access to your home’s central heating when you need it, wherever you are. The iT500BM features on-board controls to programme heating schedules, or override the temperature with the touch of a button. The thermostat features a pin lock, avoiding any accidental changes to your home’s smart heating. Control can also be done with any computer with an internet connection, by accessing the iT500BM’s web based controls.
An intuitive app, available for free, allows you to access and control your system from multiple devices simultaneously. Compatible with any iOS 4.3 device or higher including iPhones, iPods and iPad, Android devices running 2.2 and higher, and any Windows smart phone. Control your smart heating over Wi-Fi as well as 3G/4G. You never have to worry about accidently leaving the heating on, saving on your heating bill and reducing your carbon footprint.
Will the iT500BM work with my existing central heating system?
The iT500BM is compatible with different zonal systems and setups. It can be used for heating only, hot water and heating (requires a hot water tank) or two different heating zones (requires iT300)
This kit does not contain the RF boiler control unit, these receivers are sold separately and required for installation.
- RXBC605 – Mechanical clocks
- RXVBC605 – Vaillant boilers (Maplin code A10TA)
- RXWBC605 – Worcester Bosch boilers (Maplin code A09TA)
The receiver handles communications and control between your boiler and smart thermostat using a radio frequency (RF) signal. This allows all the benefits of the smart thermostat, with your boiler. Offering a range of up to 30metres, it can be installed in the majority of households.
How do I install the device?
Installation of the smart thermostat is easy, due to the pre-assembled and pre-wired control unit, requiring just batteries and syncing the app and boiler receiver. The boiler receiver accessory (sold separately) must be fitted by a competent person, and installation must comply with the guidance provided in the current IEE Wiring Regulations and current Building Regulations.