Samsung 120GB SSD 850 EVO M.2
• 120GB internal solid state drive (SSD) giving you a high storage capacity for your computer
• M.2 connection with a read/write speed of 500MB/sec for possibly the smallest SSD on the market and a rapid data transfer
• 97,000 input/output per second (IOPS)
• Perfect for use in ultrabooks and tablets to increase the memory or replace an older SSDWhat is the M.2 SSD used for?
The M.2 design, also known as the next generation form factor (NGFF), is for internally mounted computer expansion cards but also for use in ultrabooks and tablets as internal memory. Some newer motherboards also come with up to four M.2 slots built into them, allowing you to plug straight in and making them easier to install.
Where can I install this SSD?
The Samsung 850 EVO M.2 is vastly more durable and reliable than the Samsung 840 EVO, making this SSD perfect for use in ultrabooks, tablets and standard computers with the aid of adapters.
What performance can I expect from this hard drive?
This hard drive is 120GB, providing you with enough capacity to store your documents on. With a read/write speed of 500MB/s you will be able to boot the device and load files rapidly, allowing you to access your computer quicker.
How will a V-NAND drive help me?
V-NAND technology is a step above other SSDs. Instead of making the cells smaller to squeeze more in, it stacks them on top of each other. Silicon nitride layers also aid in preventing corruption caused by cell to cell interference, providing up to twice the average life span of other SSDs.
V-NAND technology not only lasts longer, but it uses up to 45% less power and delivers writing speeds of up to two times faster.
|Drive Form Factor
5 V from motherboard
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.