Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATAIII 2.5inch SSD
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: A64TK
Free delivery available keyboard_arrow_down
See full details of delivery Options
Click & Collect available keyboard_arrow_down
• 500GB internal solid state drive (SSD) giving you a large storage capacity for your computer
• 2.5-inch SATA III 6 GB/s connection with a read speed of 540MB/s and a write speed of 520MB/s for a rapid data transfer and quick start up speed
• 97,000 input/output per second (IOPS)
• Perfect for use in laptops and notebooks to replace your existing hard drive with a bigger, faster and quieter version
• V-NAND technology giving you a higher performance out of your SSD
• MZ-75E500B/EUWhy should I buy a solid state drive?
SSD drives are faster, more reliable and a lot more efficient than standard hard drives (HDD). Durability and reliability are two things you can expect from an SSD. They are able to withstand knocks and shocks, making them ideal to use in laptops and netbooks. This doesn’t mean you can’t use them in computers - they provide a quick start up speed and a silent operation as well as being easy to install into your case.
What performance can I expect from this drive?
This solid state drive has a capacity of 500GB, which will allow you to store up to 500 hours of digital video, 125 two-hour DVD films, 16,000 digital photos or 8,000 hours of digital music. With a read speed of 540MB/s and a write speed of 520MB/s, you are able to start your computer up quicker, as well as being able to load your files in an instant.
How will a V-NAND drive help me?
V-NAND technology is a step above other SSDs. Instead of making the cells smaller to squeeze more in, it stacks them on top of each other. Silicon nitride layers also aid in preventing corruption caused by cell to cell interference, providing up to twice the average life span of other SSDs.
V-NAND technology not only lasts longer, but it uses up to 45% less power and delivers writing speeds of up to two times faster.
|Dimensions||68.6 mm x 100.6 mm x 7 mm|
|Connection type||SATA 3.0|
|Powered by||5 V from motherboard|
|Compatibility||Windows / OSX|
|Drive form factor||2.5-inch|
|Sequential read speed||540 MB/s|
|Sequential write speed||520 MB/s|
|Drive spin speed||N/A|
|IOPS Read (@QD32)||98,000|
|IOPS Write (@QD32)||90,000|