Samsung 850 PRO 2TB SATA III 2.5inch SSD (Used)
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: B67RA
About this product
- 2TB solid state drive (SSD), offers an enormous amount of storage
- Uses a SATA III connection on your motherboard, with backwards compatibility for SATA II and SATA I
- Up to 550MB/s sequential read and 520MB/s sequential write speeds provide you with incredibly fast data access and load times
• 2TB solid state drive (SSD), offers an enormous amount of storage
• Uses a SATA III connection on your motherboard, with backwards compatibility for SATA II and SATA I
• Up to 550MB/s sequential read and 520MB/s sequential write speeds provide you with incredibly fast data access and load times
• Random read and write speeds of up to 100,000 IOPS and 90,000 IOPS
• 3D V-NAND based – providing faster speeds, energy efficiency and high endurance
• High level of energy efficiency, which makes it great for use as a laptop or Ultrabook upgrade
• Dynamic Thermal Guard protects your PC from overheating
• Covered with ten year warranty or 300 total bytes written (TBW), whichever comes first
• Supplied with Samsung’s Data Migration software for cloning and migrating data from an old drive
• Manufacturer part number: MZ-7KE2T0BWWhy should I choose Samsung 850 PRO?
Through the world’s first 2TB solid state drive (SSD) for client PCs, this 3D V-NAND based SSD provides you with fast data access times, quick program load times and swift multitasking. This allows for even the most demanding applications to run more smoothly than ever before. The NAND flash memory delivers up to 550MB/s sequential read speed and 520MB/s sequential write speed. The SSD also has random read and write speeds of up to 100,000 IOPS and 90,000 IOPS. Through the supplied Magician software, you can use Samsung’s RAPID mode to enhance performance by using unused PC memory (DRAM) as a cache.
Would this SSD be appropriate for use in a laptop?
The Samsung 850 PRO is highly power efficient thanks to the V-NAND technology it is based on. It supports device sleep mode for Ultrabooks, and its low power DDR2 cache memory provides high performance while consuming up to 30 percent less power when active and up to 93 percent less power when idle, than typical DDR2 or DDR3 memory. This makes this SSD perfect for use in laptops or ultrabooks, enabling you to work longer and more productively with the quicker load times it provides.
How secure is my data on this SSD?
The 850 PRO uses AES 256-bit encryption technology to give a hardware-based full disk encryption engine and ensure your data is secure. This means that your data will be protected, while you lose no performance compared to software based encryption technology. The SSD uses V-NAND technology, which means that it can handle 300 Terabytes Written (TBW) over it’s lifetime, with the warranty covering it for 10 years or 300TBW, whatever comes first. Built into the 850 PRO is a dynamic thermal guard protection technology, which monitors and maintains the optimal temperature of the SSD and automatically lowers it – minimising the risk of overheating and protecting your data.
Is there any software provided with this SSD?
Supplied with this SSD is Samsung’s Data Migration software, which lets you copy all of your data and applications from your existing SSD or hard drive disk (HDD) to the 850 PRO quickly and easily. Also included is Samsung’s Magician software – which you can use to setup, monitor, manage and maintain your SSD, with features such as benchmarking and disk health status tracking
How will a V-NAND drive help me?
V-NAND technology is a step above other SSDs. Instead of making the cells smaller to squeeze more in, it stacks them on top of each other. Silicon nitride layers also aid in preventing corruption caused by cell to cell interference, providing up to twice the average life span of other SSDs.
V-NAND technology not only lasts longer, but it uses up to 45% less power and delivers writing speeds of up to two times faster.
Drive Form Factor: