SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD
• 240GB internal solid state drive (SSD)
• 2.5 inch SATA III connection with a read speed of 550MB/s and a write speed of 520MB/s for a fast start-up speed and super quick data transfer
• 90,000 input/output per second (IOPS)
• Perfect for use in laptops and notebooks to replace your existing hard drive to a faster, quieter version
• SDSSDXPS-240G-G25What performance can I expect from this drive?
This solid state drive is 240GB, giving you enough space for your files. With a read speed of 550MB/s and a write speed of 520MB/s, you are able to start your computer up quicker, as well as being able to load your files in an instant. 240GB will give you enough storage for approximately 45 hours of high definition video or over 130,000 photos so you’ll never have to worry about running out of space.
What difference does the read/write speed make?
The read/write speed of a hard drive is the main factor when starting your computer up. With a read speed of 550MB/s and a write speed of 520MB/s, this will speed up your start up time, when compared to using a 7200 RPM and 5400 RPM hard drives. This can make a real impact on your computer if you are wanting to improve its performance.
How easy is the SSD to install?
Installing a new drive can be a daunting prospect if you haven’t done it before - but it doesn’t have to be. Installing into a laptop or a computer is easy enough as long as you remember to use an anti-static wrist strap which prevents you from potentially damaging any smaller components within the computer. The SATA connection allows you to just unplug the pre-existing hard drive to which you can then plug the new one in.
|| 68.6 mm x 100.6 mm x 7 mm
| Connection type
|| SATA 3.0
|| 240 GB
| Powered by
|| 5 V from motherboard
| Backup options
|| Windows / OSX
| Drive form factor
| Sequential read speed
|| 550 MB/s
| Sequential write speed
|| 520 MB/s
| Drive spin speed
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.