SanDisk 480GB Ultra II SSD
• 480GB internal solid state drive (SSD) for a high capacity replacement drive
• 2.5 inch SATA III connection with a read speed of 550MB/s and a write speed of 500MB/s for a rapid data transfer and quick start up speed
• 91,000 input/output per second (IOPS)
• Perfect for use in laptops and notebooks to replace your existing hard drive with a faster, quieter version
• Shock resistant allowing you a constant running drive with no skipping of failures
• SDSSDHII-480G-G25What can I get out of this SSD performance wise?
With a high capacity of 480GB, you will have plenty of room for running your operating system as well as storing your music, photos and videos on your PC. As the drive comes with no moving parts it performs actions a lot faster than a mechanical hard drive and with a read write speed of 550MB/s the data transfer speed is increased nearly four times making this a great replacement for your current drive.
How efficient is the SSD?
Having no moving parts, the SanDisk SSD consumes less power and produces less heat than a traditional HDD. With a cooler running drive, this allows you to comfortably use a laptop on your lap without the noise of the fan cancelling out the sound from your speakers. This lightens the load on your PC's power supply and cooling system and lengthens your battery life.
What other benefits does using an SSD have?
The failure rate of SSDs is less than that of a mechanical hard drive, by up to 33%. This particular solid state drive is also shock resistant, giving you peace of mind that if you were to drop your computer while carrying it, your data is always safe.
|| 68.6 mm x 100.6 mm x 7 mm
| Connection type
|| SATA 3.0
|| 480 GB
| Powered by
|| 5 V from motherboard
| Backup options
|| Windows / OSX
| Drive form factor
| Sequential read speed
|| 550 MB/s
| Sequential write speed
|| 500 MB/s
| Drive spin speed
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.